Chapter One

Two days after the phone call from Edward, Peggy's rental car is driving up the gravel road towards the address sent to her. She's not seen their new Forks house yet. The last time she was here was in 1937 when they made a deal with Ephraim Black to split the land. But that was a very long time ago. Their family has grown by two since then, Ephraim Black and his 'friends' are long gone. Forks feels like a different place this time. There is a stronger aura that has settled over it.

The car comes to a stop outside of the huge modern-looking mansion. It's not really her style though she does appreciate the wood aspects of it and the location. Buried deep in the trees. She can see that Carlisle and Esme have taken all of their children into consideration when picking out this house. The sleek and clean design would appeal to Rosalie. Sturdy architecture to suit Emmett. Isolation to suit Jasper and Edward. Trees to suit Peggy. And a trendy design inside will likely appeal to Alice. Carlisle and Esme go out of their way to be good parents to a bunch of immortal vampires. Guardians and moral compasses to keep them more human than bloodsucker. Peggy owes them the life that she has now. She doesn't know where she would be without this entire family behind her.

Edward is the first out of the house and right in front of her before she can even close the door to her car. She smiles widely at him and holds out her arms and he is instantly lifting her up with a hug, letting her wrap her legs around him to hug him tighter. She hated being away from all of them, of course she did, but she missed Edward immeasurably. He's her best friend. Her greatest companion. Edward clutches back to her just as tightly. He's missed her just as much. Whilst they have spoken, at length, over the last year, it is not the same as talking to her in person. To being able to relax with her and really talk through the things going on in their lives. Rosalie is next out. The two closest family members to her. But she finds that her sister is already taken. Rosalie scoffs and folds her arms over her chest. She both loves and hates their friendship. On one hand, she is happy that both Edward and Peggy have someone in their lives that they can truly be themselves with, but on the other hand, Peggy is her sister and she hasn't seen in her in two years now and she doesn't even get first dibs on hugs. Edward does. It's a little unfair but she deals with it, because she loves her sister. And Edward has been a very good friend for her, and he managed to persuade her to come home, something even Rosalie hasn't been able to do herself. So she'll give him this. As soon as Peggy pulls back from Edward, Rosalie is there to replace him. Rosalie hugs her just as tightly as Edward did but without the fanfare. Peggy sinks into her sister's embrace and lets out a soft breath.

"I've missed you too" Peggy assures Rosalie who nods against the side of her head and clutches to her tighter and if she were human, she's have a cracked spine and likely a few broken ribs. Peggy chuckles and pulls back from Rosalie, poking her cheek softly. Rosalie smiles back at her. Carlisle and Esme join them next. Peggy knows that Alice, Jasper, and Emmett will get their moment too but know that it can be overwhelming to have them all baring down at the same time. She'll hug them all soon enough anyway. "Sorry I was away for so long" She offers Carlisle and Esme who both shake their heads, dismissing her apology. It's not needed. They all understood why she went to Greece. They all understood why she needed to go. None of them held it against her.

"You're home now" Carlisle tells her warmly, clasping her face in his hands with a loving smile, stroking his thumbs over her cheekbones. "We've missed you"

"I've missed all of you too" She assures them softly. She never left because she was bored or she fell out with them, she left to explore herself and her heritage. "Ed told me what happened" She turns to Edward as she folds her arms over her chest. "You really think the Volturi come for me?"

"I wouldn't put it past Aro to take an interest in you" Carlisle agrees with Edward's worry. "Aro has been a collector of your kind for many, many years" He adds and she hums a little. Edward said that Aro had a number of her kind around him in Italy. He saw four during his short time there. And it's not jut Peggy that he's worried about, it's Jasper too. Jasper and Peggy both have godlly heritage and that will immediately interest Aro. Add on Alice and her abilities, and Bella, and then Edward himself. Carlisle is sitting on five potential threats or recruits for Aro. It makes this family a threat to Aro. Aro likes powerful individuals and these hybrids with the power of the gods in them are very powerful beings. Carlisle is just as worried about Peggy and Jasper as Edward is. Edward made an error, an accidental error in revealing them to Aro, but they need to be prepared for what that might mean. Bringing Peggy home was the right thing to do to protect her. To keep her safe. Being out in Greece left her alone with a possible target on her back. Peggy is powerful, but she's not a fighter.