Chapter Three

It's a room on the back side of the house, closer to the trees than any of the other rooms, that Peggy is given. A room that she already loves just because of its proximity to nature. She knows they thought about her when they picked it out. Flower boxes line the balcony railing and there are two potted flowering bushes out there too. Vases filled with fresh flowers and potted flowers litter the room. Esme and Alice no doubt. Peggy knows that this is part of their way of showing their deep love. They go out of their way to make their bedrooms feel like home. No matter where they are. Peggy smiles touching the leaves of the white chrysanthemum on her dresser. It is all very thoughtful. And she's missed the little touches that her family bring to her life. Because they are all all over this room. The new journal that is resting on the desk from Carlisle because he knows she's filled up her current ones. New clothing from Rosalie, and likely from Alice too because the climate in Forks is so far from the climate she's gotten used to. The multi-frame photo frame from Jasper because he knows that she's been taking photos of Greece. Emmett's name is stamped on the gift tag hanging around the necks of a Cerberus figurine to be added to her collection of Greek myth-inspired figurines on her bookshelf. They are all welcome home gifts and she loves them all. Peggy touches her cheek as she fights a smile. Two years has felt like a lifetime away from them. Jasper kisses her head as he hugs her from behind. Peggy turns her head slightly to acknowledge him. It's been tough on her being away from him, because they are the only ones in this family that are demi-god hybrids. They each understand the other better because they literally know how it feels to be this way. And whilst their parentage is different, the basics remain the same. To be honest, she has just missed them all. She spent so long in this family unit that being away from them, for the first time ever, alone, it was hard. And sure, she had Benjamin, but it wasn't the same.

"Everyone else hogged you" Jasper complains as he pulls away, though there is no malice in it. Rosalie is her sister and Edward is her best friend, that's a fair thing. He just wanted his moment too. Peggy smirks and turns to face him.

"Jasper" She whispers softly, the two of them sharing a warm look. "I've missed you" She assures him. Jasper drops onto her couch and lets out a long breath. Peggy smiles and moves to sit beside him, turning to lie with her head in his lap. Jasper snorts a laugh and lowers his hand to stroke her hair. "I've missed this" She adds softly. Jasper smiles and nods in agreement. They alternate, it isn't all one-sided, and Peggy is more comfortable to lay against in comparison to the rest of the family, so yes, he has missed this as well. He scratches at her head and she closes her eyes. This is her first chance to stop and relax since she got back. Passing between siblings to be welcomed home has been great, but just stopping to take a moment is needed. 

"We should probably discuss you enrolling at the high school" Peggy blinks a little at that statement from Carlisle as he appears across the room.

"Why?" She draws out, turning her head to look at Carlisle in the doorway of the room.

"We have an image to uphold" He answers, she pulls a face at him. She knows he is right, but the idea of going back to high school after two years is not one she is enjoying.

"Okay, but there is only four months left before graduation...." She points out. Carlisle gives her a look and she sighs. "Really?" She asks him, wining slightly at the thought of having to go back to high school. She's had two years of 'freedom' from the education system. Because being a part of this family means going back to school, time and time again. And there is only so many times she can hear about certain subjects before she is going to go insane. She has no interest in calculus or American history. Carlisle gives her a soft smile, understanding. They have all gone through that same mind-set over the last few decades. It's a lot to ask of them to repeat.

"It's only four months" Carlisle repeats, pointing out that unlike her siblings, she does only have to take part in four months of school. She lets out a long breath and then shrugs a little against Jasper's thighs. She can do four months. Carlisle gives her a soft smile before leaving the room to let her settle. Jasper pokes her head and smirks.

"Too much freedom in Greece" He teases. "You've forgotten what it's like to be stuck at 17 in a family unit" She scoffs a little.

"Yeah, apparently" She agrees and wrinkles her nose in annoyance. Perhaps she had gotten used to living alone and by her own rules. She didn't have to go to school because she wasn't there passing as someone's teen daughter. Being back here means that she does have to fall back into that role. At least for a little while. Once she's out of school, there is going to be no pressure on her to be the 'teen daughter' of the local doctor.