7~ 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑛𝑑

~~••~~••~~••~~••~~••~~
Two years ago.

In the midst of a powerful blizzard which had started not too long after the duo had set out on their journey, Akaza and Y/ns forms emerged from the shadows, leaving deep imprints on the snow covered ground.

Y/n had been silent the entire time, quietly staring at the ground with dull eyes, her lips turning blue due to the cold. Akaza's eyes gazed down at the girl he was holding by the hand, bits of snow resting on his long pink eye lashes. The same could be said about the little girl.

He needed to find a place for them to stay, at least for tonight or else she would freeze to death. She was already wearing warm clothes but it wasn't enough, she needed shelter.

Should he leave her somewhere and quickly find a place? No, that would be foolish. What if she gets attacked by a demon?

Without a second thought, he let go off her hand and crouched in front of her. She waited for some seconds before silently climbing his unto back. Her arms wrapped around his neck and Akaza stood up straight, his hands went under her knees to prop her up as she buried her face in the back of his neck, hiding from the cold wind.

This would shield her from the cold a bit at least. His steps started slow, walking. Then he increased his pace before propelling himself upwards, temporarily perching on a tree before moving to the next one.

He navigated through the treacherous gust of icy wind. Like a silhouette, the demon would perch briefly on the gnarled branches of towering trees effortlessly before launching into another bound.

Through their journey, his gaze darted from one side of the snow-laden forest to another, searching for any sign of shelter. Deciding to get a better view of the area, he climbed up the tallest tree he could find, his golden orbs navigating the area ahead of them. Far off, he could make out a tall building that looked like a temple. Below the mountains, he could see small flickers of lights. It was a small town inhabited by people just below the mountains.

Without wasting a second, he made his way there, Y/n still hanging on his back tightly. He navigated himself through the town, jumping on rooftops with no scruples. The townspeople were inside their homes taking shelter from the blizzard, which made it much easier for him.

¤ = ~~ ~ ◉~ ~~ = ¤

Akaza exhaled, his breath forming a delicate mist in the frosty air. Y/n was shivering on his back, he could feel it. He could hear her teeth chattering.

Before reaching the top of the mountain, they had to pass through a thick forest. But they had finally made it to the temple steps. His eyes looked far ahead at the temple sitting at the top of the mountain.

He inhaled, ready to hasten his way up to the building. As he took one step though, he paused. His senses heightened and his muscles tensed, the scent of another creature... another demon filled his nostrils.

A chuckle echoed in the area where Akaza stood and a series of veins appeared on his forehead.

"My my Akaza-dono. I can sense your bloodlust from here."

× •-•-•-•⟮ ◆ ⟯•-•-•-• ×

A figure slowly emerged from the dark forest, the moon now casting its light on the person. "Now that isn't how you greet a friend you haven't seen for so long?" The person wore duchene smile, a golden fan covered his lower face.

Akaza had the urge to kill someone. That said someone, being the person who stood in front of him at the moment. The way he clenched his fists was enough to draw blood from his palms. But he couldnt cause a scene now; not while Y/n was right here on his back.