Solitude

Isolating and depressing.

That's what the past 12 years of built-up emotion from being left out and ignored has led to. You'd think after you tell the two people who leave you out on a constant, they'd learn to include you more, but nope. Telling them does nothing but make me look like a bad person.

I always thought it'd always just be me and Masongiven the fact that we've been best friends since we were in diapers. But then instead of it just being the 2 of us, it went to 3. I feel horrible to say this, but I really wish I hadn't insisted on becoming friends with Brittany.

Why did I have to insist? Why? Why? WHY?

Those were the thoughts going through my head as I followed these 2 cackling idiots around. Do I know why they were laughing so hard? No, I never do. The most I get to hear is hushed insults that Brittany covers up to be normal remarks. Does Mason stand up for me? Also, no, you'd think 19 years of knowing each other would get you a person to defend you, but no, apparently, it doesn't.

"Hey Alice,"

Those are the words that snap me back into reality away from all of the overwhelming darkness I was dealing with just seconds prior.

"Hmmm...what's up, Mase? '' The nickname sounds so foreign coming out in sentences now. When we were 6 years old it was so different, when it was just me and Mason, but Brittany's here now, and has been since we were 7 and that's not gonna change anytime soon.

"What are you thinking about?" Mason questioned

" Not much,"

" Are you sure, Ali?" Brittany asked with foux compassion.

" Yeah it's nothing to worry about Brit, Mase honest" I reply, swinging arms around their shoulders while using the nickname we came up with to cement the idea that I'm alright into their heads.

I check my phone to see the time. The time reads 9:45 am. It's almost time for our first university class of the day. This encourages me to pipe up.

"Anyways we should probably head to classes they start in about 15 minutes."

"Wait what!? Already" Brittany whines.

"Yep" I respond matter-of-factly

"what class do you have a first, Ali?" Mason questions

" Uh, from memory, it was a scientific research class I don't know sounded boring. What about you two? Aren't you guys in the same course" I stated

"Actually what do we have Brit?" Mason asked, curious.

"We have safe handling of animals." Brittany stated with clear disdain in her voice.

"Anyways I should head to class. See you around 12?" I question whilst leaving the spot I was stood at.

"Yeah see you then, Ali." They say in unison, also leaving where they stood to head to their class.

While heading to class, I started to delve straight back into my thoughts. They always have to come back no matter how hard I try to ignore them. Whilst trying to block out the thoughts, I wasn't paying enough attention to what was in front of me, causing me to bump into......