(Rudy's POV)

My eye catches Elle outside almost screaming into her phone, like she was in an argument. It must've been obvious because Drew asks, "bro does someone want to go check on her"

"Rudy should he's been eye fucking her all night" Chase says.

"I'll give it a little longer she can handle it I know she can"

"Boy go talk to her we got you guys' drinks" Madison says shooing me away.

"Okay I'll be right back" I say getting up and walking outside.

(Annelle's POV)

I see Rudy walk out of the restaurant just as I hang up on Brennan.

"Everything okay?" He asks.

"Mhm" I nod

"Do I need to kill someone?"

I shake my head and cross my arms in front of my chest.

"Do you need a hug"

I nod and his big strong arms go around me. I felt a feeling I haven't felt in a while. The feeling of calmness, and safeness. I felt this sort of relief wash over me when Rudy hugged me that I haven't felt since I was a child. Like when your dad comforts you after you start crying when something scary happened. It felt like I was a child again, wild, and free. It felt like there was nothing bad in this world and everything you would ever know was good, free of anything evil. Like anything could happen if you put your mind to it. I sank into his chest and I was so calm I could have fallen asleep right there on his chest, standing up, in front of Magnolias.

"We don't have to go back inside if you want. I could pay for our drinks and we could just go"

"No, your friends are nice, I wanna stay." His friends were nice but mainly because I know Brennen will be there when I get to the apartment, he'll wait. I want to have some fun before I go deal with his drunk, or high, or both bitchy self.

"Okay if you're tired or you wanna go home just say so and we can go."

"I will" I say, giving him a little smile. I quickly give him a little hug before walking back inside. When we got inside, my best friend, wine, was sitting in front of my chair and so was a glass of water. I sit back down and look over the menu. After a while I just went for a Southern Caesar Salad. I didn't want to get a lot because I wanted to finish it and I wanted something cheap because Rudy was paying.

"Watcha gettin'" Rudy asks me, peering over my shoulder and at the menu.

"Southern Caesar Salad"

"That's it?"

"Mhm I'm not that hungry"

"Okay" He reached over and put his arm on my chair. When the waitress comes up to take my order I see her taking an extra long look at Rudy.

I started to get jealous. I didn't know why because he's not my man and I don't like him. He can get any girl and any girl can look at him like that because he's not mine. We are just friends, we don't see each other as more than just friends.

"And for you ma'am"

"I'm gonna do a Southern Caesar Salad"

"You want everything on that"

"Mhm"

After she walks away mads says, "Annelle what's wrong you were giving that girl the worst look ever"

"Yeah you were pretty scary if I do say so myself" Austin says.

"I was?"

"Yeah," Maddie says.