RECAPPPP : On the last chapter of The Girl Next Door...

"You know what, I was thinking about something and you're in need of a job so when I get off of work I'll swing by 'cause I don't want you to get your hopes up"

"Oh lord Drew what are you planning"

"You'll see"

"Okay Drew"

I turn my car off and walk back to my apartment where I took a much needed nap.

{Present time}

Later that day I had gotten a call from Drew

"Hey Drew"

"Hey Ann" I cringed at the nickname. Only Brennan called me that. "Are you home"

"Yeah"

"Can I come over and give you some good news?"

"What good news?" I was kind of scared because Drew was acting really weird.

"You're gonna have to wait for me to get there." I could hear his smile in his voice.

"Fine just speed"

"I'm almost there don't worry"

"I don't like surprises so hurry up"

"I will Annelle, I promise I'll be there in like five minutes."

A promise. Something people have told me for years and years but every time it's been broken. I'm honestly better off just keeping to myself at this point but I learn my lesson. Nope.

I let out a breath, "Fine just hurry" and with that I hung up the phone.

The next five minutes went by so slowly. My leg was bouncing up and down and my heart rate was up. I hated surprises and the unknown, something I've developed over the years with ex boyfriends and ex best friends.

I sometimes feel out of place with the cast, like I don't belong. They all seem so close and I just feel like a lost puppy, staggering in the back of the group, just following along because I don't know where I'm going while the rest of them are laughing and having fun.

A knock on the door brings me out of my thoughts. I get up to answer and Drew steps in.

"Okay I have some good news"

"Okay so say it"

"I talked to my director and you have options: you can do hair and makeup or be a set photographer."

"Drew, how do you know I'm good at either of those?" I cross my arms in front of my chest.

"I've seen you take photos of the girls, they're good, and you wear makeup right? It can't be that hard"

"Drew-"

"Look, just have Rudy bring you to the set tomorrow and you can talk to the director and see which one you would want to do more."

A small smile appears on my face and Drew matches it, "Thank you Drew." I give him a small hug and he hugs me back, his arms going around my shoulders.

"Your welcome Ann"

I back up from the hug, "Don't call me that" I try to laugh.

"Why not?" He pretends to be sad.

"Because I don't like it," this time I wasn't talking in a joking manner.

"Fine I'll stop"

"Thank you"

"Do you wanna come to my house? The group is getting take out and we're reading through the script"