(Rudy's pov)

I quickly went next door to change into sweatpants and a hoodie. When I came back I sat on the couch and watched tv but I wasn't really watching it. I was thinking about Elle. Why would anyone treat her like that? Why would someone want to hurt someone like Elle. I mean yeah we just met and yeah she is kind of rude to me but I can tell there is something there. I can tell there is a girl who really wants to love but everyone has hurt her. I get that. I get that she is scared to love again but I'm willing to give her a shot. I'm willing to help her love again. I want her to find love. She might not fall in love with me, but if she did I wouldn't mind, but even if she didn't, I want her to find someone she wants for the rest of her life.

I had my head in my hands and didn't notice Elle coming out of her bedroom.

"Wow I can't believe you're the one with your head in your hands"

I lift my head, "I'm just thinking Elle"

"Maybe look less... sad," she says, pouring a glass of wine.

"Are you still going to go to work tomorrow"

"No, it's almost 1:30. I'm gonna call in, say I have a fever, hopefully get the next week off" she says sitting on the other side of the couch

"That's good"

"Yeah," she says, bringing her knees to her chest and wrapping her arms around her.

"Are you gonna be okay?" I ask knowing she's not okay.

"yeah sure"

"Do you want a hug"

"No it's fine"

"Okay do you want to pick a show"

"no you can pick it"

"It's fine Rudy just pick one"

"Okay" I say and then put on Grey's Anatomy.

(Annelle's pov)

"Okay" he says then puts on Grey's Anatomy. The fact that he even remembered made my heart melt. I put my head down so he didn't see the big smile that appeared on my face. I decided to move closer to him. He thought I didn't notice that he noticed but he definitely noticed. I never met someone that actually cared about my interest. I moved even closer to him so I was leaning on his shoulder but he wrapped his arm around me, my legs still hugged to my chest.

"I'm sorry Elle"

"For what"

"The way he treated you"

"Nothing new Rudy" I sigh

"I'm sorry"

"Don't be" I say cuddling him a little more.

A couple minutes later there is a small knock placed at my door.

"I got it" Rudy says, getting up. He cracks it a little but when he sees who it is he opens it wider.

"Thanks Mads," he says, slipping his phone into his pocket.

"Hey Mads!" I call from the couch, sleepy.

"Hey Annelle" she waves

"Rudy, come back! Mads, do you want to watch Grey's Anatomy?"

"Sure" she says, coming in and closing the door behind her as Rudy gets back into his spot wrapping his arm around me, and Madelyn sits on the other side of me eyeing me and Rudy.