Prologue

𝑽

Hospitals.
I was never, like anyone else, a fan of them. they only brought pain and loss to me, ever since I was a kid when I watched my mother's soul ripping out of her body day by day, leaving a pale lifeless corpse lying before my eyes, up to this very moment as I'm holding venice, My little boy and the only family I have left now, to my heart still unaware of the great pain that life decided to bring me just to fuck with me and test my patience again, because losing my mother as a 7-year-old was not enough, now I have to bury my father with the same hands I'm using to comfort my very scared son, If he didn't survive that accident, I would've seriously ended my life, I never cared about anything in this world before, my whole life was meaningless but after Venice, everything changed, the moment I laid eyes on him I knew he was mine, and no soul can take him from me, I found him one night when he was still a newborn in the back of one of our owned bars, he was left alone, cold and hungry, the moment I held him to my chest I knew I will never let him go. I found the ones who left him but they made it clear enough that they wanted nothing to do with him, and I did make sure they wouldn't, I adopted him and he officially became part of the family, at first my father was sceptical about the whole thing but I didn't care, it didn't take long for him to soften tho, after my mother's death it was just me and him, and venice was like a warm sunshine after a long cold winter.
It's been 3 years now, everything was going so well but life had other plans apparently.
my assistant Nop entered the room where Venice was admitted, "Who is that person?" I ask still staring at the void, "He's a young man, still alive thankfully but he's still admitted here so I'm guessing he's also badly injured," "Do you know his name?" "Unfortunately not sir, they refused to give me further information about him," "Okay, Thank you Nop, you can go now," he bowed down and left the room, So he's still alive then, how I wish I could talk to him for once, thank him personally tho I owe him my life if I'm being honest, because he is the reason my Venice is safe and sound in my arms right now.

𝑷
Growing up, I never had it easy in life, I had my fair share of hardships and loss, but I still faced everything with a smile.

I came to the city 3 years ago to finish my education and just when I thought life was getting brighter, I found myself lying in the hospital bed with IV drip and wounds more than I could count.
It was supposed to be my first day at my new job, but I ended up getting in a car crash on my way there, everything happened too fast to register, like a bad dream, one moment I was talking to my friend enthusiastically on the phone, the next everything went blurry and bloody, but before I could panic my eyes fell on a very small figure on the back seat of the car in front of me, it was child, I felt a heavy wave of adrenaline rushing through my veins and I immediately rushed outside the car to him, I opened the car door and immediately checked his pulse, he was still alive, his face was covered in blood making it difficult to see his features, and my blurred vision didn't help either, the other men looked in much worse conditions tho, I took him in my arms and walked away from the car as fast as I could but before I could return to the others the car exploded and I covered the little boy with my body, and soon the adrenaline started wearing off and I felt the darkness consuming me, the last thing I remember is the loud sirens, and then I woke up here, my parents are on their way tho I told them it wasn't necessary, but I would be lying if I said that I didn't want them here, I don't want to be alone now.
"Pete" My friend, Porsche, came in looking worried but smiling, "Hy Porsche are you here alone?" "Kinn is here too but he went to see his cousin, his uncle passed away," he said as he took a seat next to me, "how are you feeling?" He asked and I immediately dropped the mask, "I feel so bad Porsche, I killed innocent people, if only I was fast enough I could've saved them," "Hey hey hey it's okay sweetheart come here," Porsche came beside me and hugged me tightly, "Listen to me pete, none of what happened is your fault do you hear me?? It was an accident, I know it sucks but life can be a bitch sometimes, and there's nothing we can do about it if it was meant to happen, don't blame yourself baby please," I know that he's right, and I know that it should make me feel better but it doesn't, I just feel so overwhelmed by everything, I couldn't stop crying in his arms, "I feel so bad Porsche, why is this happening," "Shhhh it's alright Pete, everything is still new and it's normal to feel overwhelmed by it, but it will pass darling, I promise you, it will pass," I cried until my body got tired and I drifted to sleep, I wish I could see that little boy one more time, I can't even remember his face, my whole memory of that day is foggy,  and the more I try to remember the more it hurts, so I decided to let it go, or I will try at least.

______________________________________/
Hy, I'm back with another fic<3
Hope you like it