THREE

“DOES IT HURT?” Jihyo asks, placing the icepack on Jungkook's cheek.

“It's healing now.” Jungkook replied, holding the icepack himself.

The slap from his father did a number on him. His cheek started to swell.

“He did get you, rough.” Jihyo wince as she saw the red mark.

“That's my father for you, always uses violence.” Jungkook dryly chuckles.

“But you are his son,”

“Doesn't matter.” Jungkook cuts her off.

It was silent until Jungkook spoke again.

“You know what he said.” Jihyo looks at Jungkook with interest as she crosses her arms since she had no clue what to do with them.

“He said for me to become King, I need a Queen. Which itself sounds stupid, but then he said you and I are going to get married.” Jungkook smiles mockingly, still can't believe his father said that.

Jihyo on the other hand blushed, out of shock. She wasn't disgusted like Jungkook was, maybe because she had some feelings for the Prince.

Jungkook noticed the quietness from the girl and looked up at her way.

“What's wrong?”

Jihyo waved her hands from side to side.

“It's nothing, just shocked the King suggested such a thing.” Jihyo nervously giggled.

Jungkook chuckled as he nodded in agreement.

“I know right, like I already don't want to become King and now knowing my best friend would've been my wife?” Jungkook laughed to himself.

“Yeah, crazy.” Jihyo nervously spoke as she nips her arm.

A habit she got from Jungkook when he is nervous or he feels useless.

-

Jungkook watches as the commoners wander around the kingdom. He felt envious, watching them walking around freely, doing whatever they wanted. Unlike a certain Prince where he is limited.

He wishes he could be like them. Be free. Not having to worry about royal duties, not be overwhelmed with the thought of becoming King one day.

“Maybe In a different universe.” Jungkook sighed looking down defeated.

He went to his bed and just laid there, wanting to forget everything.

His thoughts got disturbed by a knock on the door. He turned and saw Jihyo playing with her ring.

“Can I come in?” Jihyo asks, slowly stepping in.

Jungkook nodded and Jihyo shut the door behind her.

“Are you okay?” She asks sitting on the bed as Jungkook sits up.

“Yeah, just thinking about becoming King and being overwhelmed. How are you feeling?” Jungkook asks, thinking about their last conversation.

Jihyo froze up, but she let out a hum.

“You sure?” Jungkook doubles checks.

“Yep, now back to you. What are you going to do when you do become King?” Jihyo wonders making Jungkook groan.

“I have no clue, but I hope it's a long way. I hope my father never dies just so I don't become the ruler of this fake kingdom.” Jungkook says harshly.

“How can it be fake? Look around everyone is happy here.” Jihyo says, looking at the commoners being happy.

The kingdom is known for their happiness, once you come in you'll be happy.

“Yes, people may be happy but I the fucking Prince of the kingdom isn't happy, the King himself isn't happy. You don't look so joyful today and have you ever wondered if the smiles in the kingdom are fake and they are only putting on a show?” Jungkook angrily spoke, rubbing his face very aggressively.

“No, that hasn't once crossed my mind.” Jihyo softly spoke.

“Jungkook, who knows maybe when you become King you can be happy.” Jihyo says with a smile.

Only thinking about their arranged marriage. A very selfish thought but it made her happy.

Just like everyone in the Sunshine Kingdom. They are selfish to stay happy.

It isn't normal to be happy twenty four seven, but no one in the kingdom can be sad, it's forbidden as it sets a bad name to the kingdom.

Selfish.

“Out.” Jungkook says, now wanting to be alone. He friend isn't helping.

No one is helping.

“Wait a minute....” Jihyo says but Jungkook wasn't having it..

“I'd like to be alone now ” Jungkook smiled but it wasn't genuine.

Jihyo walked out of the room defeated.

Jungkook sighed as he got cosy in his bed. Maybe he can dream about finally being free.

He drifts to sleep with a smile, a real smile dreaming about being free.

-
A/N - hello, wrote this last week and finally did the finishing touches.

I forgot how much I love the playlist I have for stories like this.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2uW4hUvNdJOCyMhAFZ95Kk?si=E4kPNAClSPeCkS9GMvRNLA&pt=3f42dd7f7b058074ed91089052d243a3

If you want to listen to the music that I listen to for this story. But again for all the song recommendations at the end of the chapter it comes from the playlist I listen to. Some songs don't really sound evil or sound like they belong in this playlist but it helps me write so it's there.

See you all on Wednesday, I've started the next chapter anyway, so I can post on Wednesday.

Stay healthy, stay safe, stay kind to others and yourself, and stay loving yourself!

I purple you all!
💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

🎶'Cause all I can taste is this moment and all I can breathe is your life. So and sooner or later, it's over, I just don't wanna miss you tonight and I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am and you can't fight the tears that ain't coming. Or the moment of truth in your lies. So when everything feels like the movies. Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive🎶

Song - Iris
Artist - The Goo Goo Dolls (1998)

~you nice, keep going.~ - Park Jimin 💛 (2018)