*Chapter One*

Song of Chapter: Where the streets have no name by U2

I want to run, I want to hide
I wanna tear down the walls that hold me inside
I wanna reach out and touch the flame
Where the streets have no name

The ones living a normal life don't realize how lucky they are. They don't understand the relief of being free from constant attention, from all the admirers, from those pretentious eyes that seem to worship you but are just waiting for you to falter so they can tear you down. That was the kind of life I lived. As the acclaimed 'queen' of Elite Crest High, I was the girl everyone wanted to be friends with-the hottest, smartest, richest, and most popular girl. I was every boy's dream and every girl's role model. To them, I was all these things and more.

Walking into the hallways, the nostalgic feeling of another year of being the center of attention washed over me. My presence caused a shift in the atmosphere as everyone clamored to catch a glimpse of me. I sighed in disgust and continued toward my locker, trying to ignore the stares of the crowd that I should be used to by now. They were all fake-the girls who seemed to worship me and the boys who kept sending me incessant and unreasonable gifts, which were becoming a serious problem for me. My locker was always flooded with gifts, just like now! I rolled my eyes as I kicked the garbage that fell to the floor away. I couldn't understand how they figured out my locker code, which I changed at the end of every week. I was already exhausted, and the school year had just begun!

"Guess who?" a voice playfully hummed behind me, covering my eyes with their hands. It was a voice I could recognize from miles away. I didn't understand why Maddie enjoyed playing this game; it felt so outdated.

"Ugh, Maddie, please don't make me hate you too," I grumbled as she hugged me tightly.

"My little one, I missed you so much," she cooed.

"You came over on Friday and stayed for a 'sleepover' until yesterday evening."

"Duh, that just means I can't live without you." I rolled my eyes at her. Maddie was practically the only close friend I had in school; we had been stuck together since kindergarten. There were three of us, actually, but Leila transferred somewhere else for sophomore year. She was being transferred back, though, so this meant we would be together for the next two years, and this also meant I had to deal with Maddie and her annoying twin brother, Mason on my own for now.

"It's just one more year to senior year, girl, I can't wait."

"Yeah, me too. Can't wait to leave this hellhole," I responded, making Maddie laugh.

"It's a new school year, try being a lot more positive, Cam."

"Yeah, like my life would be a lot better if I was."

"Well, I know my life would be a lot better this year. Heard two hot guys are transferring from Prestige to our school. I think I heard one of them is a celebrity, and oh my gosh! I can't wait." Yeah, I forgot to add that my dear friend Maddie was a sucker for boys, eww.

"Maybe you could finally find romance this year, and I pray you do because I will definitely not be your date to senior prom. I mean you've never had a crush since I knew you and that my friend, is really weird," she continued chattering and talking about my 'dead' love life. But she got it all wrong. I had no love life to start with, and I definitely didn't want the so-called romance she always yapped about.

"Yeah, can we get to class now?" I interrupted her, rolling my eyes again.

"Alright, but we'll talk about this tonight. I'm coming over," she replied, swinging her arm over my shoulder as we both walked to class. I was pissed already. I had a really long day ahead of me, with meetings and classes to attend, and I didn't want to waste my time talking about something that did not exist, something that was a façade only few people like me could see through, something I had vowed to never believe in, something I didn't know would come knocking on my door when I least expected...

A/N: Hey guys,☺☺ this is me and I'm new on Wattpad. this is literally my first story here and I sincerely hope you enjoy it. Don't forget to vote and share. More chapters loading............