*Chapter Two*

Song of chapter: Falling in love with a stranger by Song House.

Running for cheer captain was probably my worst mistake in senior high. At first, I thought I'd just do it to make my school résumé more attractive, but it sure made my life a lot more 'attractive', with meetings and rehearsals to attend, routines to organize and don't get me started on the photo-shoots for the school yearbook, which was the hardest part of every sport's captain's life.

I was currently in a meeting with the sport's coach, which was supposed to be attended by the captains of each sport but as usual, there was always someone who never showed up, the soccer captain and the school's most notorious playboy, Zayn Lorenzo.............

"And finally, cheer captain," the coach called, interrupting my thoughts.

"Yeah"

"Since Zayn is absent as usual, be sure to brief him on today's meeting and come up with some plans regarding the next soccer games. It's the first tournament for the academic year". I gave him a blank look. Did he expect me to talk to that.... person of all people?

The coach cleared his throat to remind me of his existence.

"Fine", I replied curtly.

As I walked angrily towards the elevator, I couldn't shake off the feeling that everyone was conspiring to make my week unbearable. Maddie was a lot, Mason was the most annoying thing ever, the other students were just plain awful, and my family....... Don't really like to talk about family, I didn't want to be too close to them, didn't want to be too close to anyone, didn't want to love too much because sometimes, that comes with a huge price to pay. I was so lost in my memories for a while that I lost track of my senses, forgot where I was, who I was and where I was going, so lost that I stumbled over my own foot right before the elevator door opened and fell face flat to the floor. I sighed in relief, thankful that everyone was in the cafeteria, so no one would see me like this, or so I thought. I tried to stand on my feet, but noticed a pair of white sneakers looking back at me. I quickly stood upright, clearing my throat in embarrassment as I dusted my clothes and straightened my hair. I subtly looked at the person beside me and realized it was a boy, a boy I couldn't recognize because of the black hood that covered his face which was lowered to his phone. Everything he wore was black, from the hoodie to the pair of cargo pants to the backpack that lazily hung over his right shoulder to the phone in his hand, except his dazzling white shoes.

'Who does this guy think he is to not try to help me or even acknowledge my presence' I grudgingly thought, trying so hard not to roll my eyes at the rude stranger. He was obviously a new student since he wasn't wearing our school uniform but that didn't give him the right to ignore me, I mean it's only courtesy to actually care if someone fell in your presence right? I was already getting irritated and couldn't wait to get out this elevator which was moving too slowly, it felt like it hadn't moved for minutes.

"Excuse me, are you... okay?" A deep masculine voice filtered through the air.

'Finally', I scoffed to myself, 'you notice me'.

"Uhm, yeah........." I answered rather sassily, turning to the stranger but lost my sense of speech when I beheld the face that hid behind that hood. His eyes, his alluring but emotionless grey eyes seemed to pull me in, the deep chocolate of his skin, so smooth that you'd want to touch them, his ears that seemed to perk up, the left one decorated with a silver stud and those lips, those painfully perfect lips that.......... Gosh!! What was I doing? I turned away flushed in embarrassment, silently hoping he hadn't caught me staring. It's beginning to get hot in here, WHY WON'T THE GODDAMN ELEVATOR STOP!!!

"Uhm, you haven't pressed any button yet" He said to me as if he was listening to my thoughts.

"Oh" I uttered in realization and moved to press the button, trying really hard to not look at him, feeling so humiliated by my existence.

As I hurried out of the elevator striving to maintain my gait, I had only two questions, hammering at the back of mind; who was that guy? And why the hell did I act that way?