Chapter 1 - Where am I?

-Tom-

I awoke in a hospital bed, my body aching in agony as I groaned out. I forced myself to sit up, putting my palms to my forehead as a headache began to form. Furthermore, I looked towards the closed curtains of my window, light sneaking past the fabric, lighting the room. Everything was silent, dead quiet as if nothing was around. Not even the sound of a heart monitor broke the silence. I yanked out the empty IVs, gripping my tight chest as I turned my body to sit on the edge. I looked to my side table, wilted flowers lay there in a vase along with a card.

Likewise, I slowly reached for it, my hand shaking as I gripped the papery material. "Can't wait till you're back!" It was all it read, alongside Edd and Matt's signatures. The date was written at the top corner, something Edd always tended to do. "January, huh?...." I muttered to myself, coughing a bit at my dried throat. I stood up shakily, gripping everything I could on my way to the bathroom. Shoving water into my mouth through the facet before looking into the mirror. I looked.... Rough..... I gazed around before heading to my window, opening the curtains to look down at the usual busy streets. But not a single life could be seen.

I sighed, trying to think of what could've happened. My original clothing hung on a hook, waiting to be taken once more. I stripped out of the shitty hospital garments, grabbing my usual clothing instead. Sliding the blue hoodie over my ASDF shirt, I peered at the door. I slid on my chequered vans after my torn-up jeans, walking to the door. I tried to open it, but it didn't budge, forcing my full body weight against it as pain shocked through my body. "Fuck." I growled, applying as much as I could until it budged. I looked out of it, seeing a hospital bed now pushed away.

Likewise, I looked around the usually white hospital, now looking as if it hadn't been touched in years. Papers were everywhere, claw marks on the wall, blood on the floor.... It reeked of death. I stumbled through the hallways, looking for some kind of exit. I turned a corner seeing a woman's body, her stomach ripped out brutally as if she was mauled to death. Likewise, I covered my mouth, stepping back, moving quicker through the building but with more caution. Furthermore, I came across the main doors, finally pressing my hands to their handles and pushing them open.

Likewise, I stumbled out, gripping my side in pain as I leaned against the door frame a moment. Furthermore, I couldn't remember which way was home.... But I knew I had to go there...

I walked down the abandoned roads, looking for something familiar to guide me in the right direction.

What happened here?