✶ 𝗜𝗡𝗙𝗥𝗨𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗜 / FUSHIGURO MEGUMI

SERIES — jujutsu kaisen men reactions to making you cry

PAIRING — fushiguro megumi × reader

GENRE — light angst, established relationship

CONTENT WARNING — megumi's lowekey an ass??

SYNOPSIS — the reason why you're fighting was stupid. megumi was too busy doing his stupid work on his stupid computer. he's stupid. and you feel stupid for crying.

NOTE — prompt ("shit, no, that's not what i meant.") made by novelbear on tumblr

-',💽ˎˊ˗

things got heated quickly. you kept talking but megumi was not even looking at you, his whole focus was placed on the stupid screen of his stupid computer.

"are you even listening to me?"

megumi groaned, annoyed, removing the headphones that were loosely hanging over his head. "what? what do you want?" he asked, his hands harshly rubbing his face before he looked at you, giving you that look.

your boyfriend often came off as rude and cold—impassive, and maybe even insensitive. except he wasn't. he cared about his loved ones deeply, he just had his own way of showing it. and they knew that. you knew.

regardless, never once did you think he'd point those unphased, frigid eyes of his—his thin brows hovering them like dark clouds—at you.

"you wanted us to spend more time together, isn't that what you said?" his gaming chair was fully turned in your direction now. he was sat, his whole body demeanor screaming nonchalance, and you stood there, in front of him, feeling like a child getting scolded.

"i told you i was busy, that i had work to do, but you insisted, so i told you to come over. and now you've been clinging and bitching for the past fifteen minutes. if you're not happy, you're free to leave!"

your breathing stopped along with your heart. everything went silent, you couldn't even hear the fan noise coming from his computer, and you could've sworn five minutes had gone by before the clock ticked again.

"shit, no, that's not what i meant-"

but it was too late, now. as soon as the words left his mouth tears were already streaming down your cheeks. to be honest, you only realized when your hand subconsciously wiped the salty drops away as you let out a quiet sniffle.

you wanted to come back at him, hit him with one of your sarcastic remarks like you always did, megumi wished you did too. but you didn't trust your voice enough to do that.

getting up warily, he attempted to reach for you, you took a step back, so he tried again, and all of a sudden you were in his embrace, with his fingers tangled in your hair.

"sorry, this is stupid. i didn't mean that," he muttered, caressing your hair. his voice low and his touch delicate, he feared anything he'd do would hurt you.

"...i'm stupid."