✶ 𝗦𝗢𝗠𝗘 / OKKOTSU YUTA

SERIES ─ jujutsu kaisen men reactions to making you cry

PAIRING ─ yuta okkotsu × reader

GENRE ─ angst, established relationship, curseless au

SYNOPSIS ─ you wait for yuta to show up to your date.

NOTE ─ got a little carried away with this one

-',💽ˎˊ˗

yuta had fucked up. big time.

he wasn't sure how he managed to forget about the date you two had been planning for the past week, but either way, he blamed it on his teachers for giving him too many assignments.

to be frank, it was a miracle he was still standing after having one exam in the morning and another in the afternoon, (which forced him to sacrifice half of his meal to study), and a study session for his group project with maki, toge, and todo—all that on maybe six hours of sleep.

so, it was no surprise that the only thing on his mind as he reached his house was taking a shower, eating, and sleeping.

you, on the other hand, had rushed home immediately after school to get ready. pure excitement pumped through your veins at the idea of finally spending time with your boyfriend.

the plan was to try that new restaurant that opened near his house, watch this one movie you'd been waiting to come out for ages, and finally go grab those french pastries you'd been craving the whole week.

the two of you went to different schools, which made it hard to meet up and make plans considering you also live twenty-five minutes away from one another. not to mention, you too were drowning in schoolwork, and you hadn't had much time to hang out with anyone at all.

considering you last saw yuta a week and a half prior, you wanted everything to be perfect. your outfit had been carefully picked the evening prior and was only waiting to be worn. you even styled your hair differently than usual and took your sweet time doing your makeup.

while you struggled to put on your shoe, your free hand texted your boyfriend, informing him that you'd be about ten minutes late (adding a teary face and heart at the end).

you agreed to meet up in front of the restaurant and so a sigh of relief escaped your glossy lips when you didn't see him at the spot. you'd rather wait for him than have him waiting, anyway.

'i'm here', you texted with a grin. the restaurant looked really nice, with warm lights illuminating the small wooden tables and the few people sitting around them.

mentally, you chose the spot in which you would sit, the one right behind you. a small counter was suspended by the wall, two tall stools facing the same window that allowed you to peek inside.

when the fifteen-minute mark passed, you texted him again to tell him you'd wait for him inside. so you did, and the stool was less comfortable than it looked.

five minutes later, you decided to call. with every bip, your tongue licked a bit more of your lipgloss off.

you didn't mind him being late, as you yourself often were, you just wished he'd notified you... but anyway, the view was nice, the food smelled delicious, and on top of that you found out you were sitting right in front of the radiator, so... that was that!

by the time the waiter asked if you were ready to order, another one already asked you the same thing ten minutes before. you shook your head, "i'm waiting for someone," you repeated, although it lacked your previous confidence and he seemed to notice.

and you kept waiting, watching people enter and exit. eventually, you had no choice but to order yourself a little something so as not to look too miserable. it was like that until people stopped coming in.

one hour and eleven minutes had passed—you kept count—and it was only you and a family sitting in the corner behind you, now.

a part of you was worried because you knew yuta would never stand you up on purpose, but you couldn't repress that tinge of hurt as you paid for your food and left.

you refused to cry though, and accordingly, the sky did it for you.

it wasn't by choice that yuta got out of his bed, but rather because of the doorbell requiring his attention. it was dark outside, making him wonder who it could be at this hour.

the remaining bits of sleep in his system prevented him from thinking clearly and he opened the door without a worry.

and it was you.

it was you and you were beautiful, despite the fact that you were completely drenched. your hair and makeup were almost flawless, he was sure they looked even better before the rain. but your eyes reflected sadness. disappointment.

that was exactly what yuta felt as he realized, his expression crumbling: disappointment, in himself.

of course, he was quick to let you in, still with his hands rubbing his eyes.

"(y/n)... i'm so sorry."

his words were slow as he made sure to emphasize each of them to let you know he was sincere. you knew that already, regardless the hurt didn't go away.

you just stood there, clothes sticking to your skin uncomfortably, not uttering a word. yuta wished you'd get mad, start yelling at him and tell him how much of a jerk he is, but you didn't.

"please, say something. anything," he begged, guilt devouring him.

you had managed to remain stoic right until then, until your facade broke. it took a moment for yuta to realize the sudden gloss in your eyes wasn't due to the lighting.

"no, no, no, no!" rushing over to you, he hugged you tight. getting wet was the least of his worries and messing up your makeup was the least of yours.

it hurt. your heart ached. you were so full of emotions yet could express none. you desperately wanted to blame him, but how could you with the deep dark circles under his remorseful eyes?

"how can i make this up to you, hm?" he asked with his face buried in your hair. in response, you hit him once on the shoulder while you continued to sob quietly.

"sweets? movie? cuddles? what can i do?" he kept trying. once he felt like you'd calmed down, yuta held your shoulders to look into your eyes.

"name anything."

you frowned.

"i hate you."

he pulled back in his hold.

"i know, baby. i love you."