✶ 𝗜 𝗦𝗘𝗘 𝗨 / ITADORI YUJI

SEIRES — jujutsu kaisen men reactions to making you cry

PAIRING — itadori yuji × reader

GENRE — fluff, established relationship

SYNOPSIS — your day couldn't get any worse, so yuji made it better.

NOTE — prompt ("this was supposed to make you happy!") made by novelbear on tumblr

-',💽ˎˊ˗

the "come see me after class" from one of your favorite teachers was definitely not what you needed at the end of the school day.

the way she looked at you made you want to cower back and avoid eye contact, and that's exactly what you did. you shifted from one foot to another, fidgeting with the straps of your backpack, and admiring the beautifully polished wood of her desk, or that plant in the corner of the classroom you were sure just materialized about five minutes prior.

"do you understand what i'm saying, (y/n)?" she asked, looking at you with a hint of disappointment that made you nauseous. you offered her a weak "yes, ma'am" and finally she let you go.

for whatever reason, your p.e teacher was even more bitter than usual, resulting in physical activities being overly difficult. with your luck and got yelled at for being "lazy" in addition to scraping your knee.

not only that but your best friend (who also happened to be your seatmate) had caught the flu and was unable to come to school, leaving you by yourself for most of the day.

you swore this day couldn't get any worse.

whichever god sent you your boyfriend had earned your eternal gratefulness that day.

itadori yuji stood in front of your house, his hand buried in his pants pocket with the other holding something you couldn't clearly see, as he mindlessly peeked over the main gate of your residence.

with pursed lips, he hesitantly pressed the doorbell again, waiting for someone to answer. "is no one home?" he mumbled to no one in particular.

your steps came to a halt once you saw him, or rather once he saw you and started sprinting toward you calling your name.

he reached for your hand as he grinned widely. "i was waiting for you!" he let you know. "i thought school finished at three thirty, how come you're coming home just now?"

"i... went to the convenience store," you lied. "to get water... i was thirsty."

if you told him the actual reason why you were late, you'd probably break down and worry him. you didn't need that. "oh, alright," he beamed before guiding you inside, although it was your house.

whilst removing your shoes, yuji rambled about his day. "-then nakamoto-sensei pulled me apart to tell me my score improved! and after that-"

he stopped midtrack, looking down at his still full hand, then back at you, giving you a sheepish smile. "i almost forgot, i got you these."

in his hand, you found a brown paper bag. you reached inside and your hand came in contact with a soft furry texture. pulling it out, your eyes softened at the sight of a dog plush wearing a red collar with "good job!" engraved in capital letters on it.

you bit down your lip, har, refusing to look directly into yuji's eyes.

"do you like it?" he asked, grabbing something else from the bag, "i also got you this tulip 'cause i know you like flowers," he continued.

"and i went to the supermarket yesterday and i saw your favorite snacks were on discount, two for one, so i got them. so now you'll have one here and one at my house, for whenever you come over. babe, wait, your knee's bleeding-"

this was too much. before you could even try to think about holding it back, you burst into tears.

you could sense the growing panic in yuji as he unsurely grabbed the sides of your arms. "oh my god- (y/n), i'm so sorry! i didn't mean to make you cry," quickly fussed your lover.

"this was supposed to make you happy!" he said as you buried your head in his chest, a poor attempt to hide your red and teary face. you never wanted him to see you cry.

hugging you back, yuji kept rambling until you shut him up and calmed him down in one whisper.

"what did ever do to deserve you, itadori yuji?"