Meeting Her Eyes

Nicky lead me to the cafeteria, where women all of all types surrounded me. A lady with a laid down Mohawk like thing stopped Nicky and I as we were about to enter the food line.
"Nicky, Nicky, Nicky who is the little angel right here?" She crept right into my bubble and frankly it was very frightening.
" Boo back off. She's new, leave her alone." Nicky pulled me from out of Boo's arms that she tried to put around me. We left her there, she continued to just stare at me as we walked into the line for food.
"Here" Nicky handed me a tray " try to eat something you barely take up any space!" I chuckle under my breath, Nicky was a nice person, I just hope she doesn't have other motivates. We went through the line and got our food. I saw Chapman sitting with Morello and two other women. But in the midst of looking at the Chapmen I lost Nicky and I stood in the middle of the room lost as ever.
A sudden force pushed me from the back,
" Get out of the way small fry!" I turned, a pack of black women staring down at me." I could feel my face reddened from embarrassment.
" So sorry!" My Russian accent rung through out the stone walls.
The same woman with curly black hair and was quite big was the one who told me to move spoke again, " well you sound like a preppy bitch, is that accent even real?"
Her bluntness put me off slightly; why would I lie about my origin? " Of course, I was born in a small village outside of Moscow."
She had quite a shocked look on her face as I spoke back to her, "what's your name?" Before I could answer I was saved, " All right, leave her alone she's new. Come on St. Claire let's go eat. " Nicky began to lead me back to her table with Morello and Chapman. I settled in right beside her and quietly began to eat. I could feel the glares from the pack. I felt like a wounded water buffalo waiting for the lioness to come and eat me.
"Don't let them scare you. They can smell fear. I read in a book that..." I know Chapman was trying to help but I wasn't trying to be impolite...but I kinda zoned because frankly who reads about living in prison? My time here is going to be long and frankly I don't know if I'm going to make it.
Suddenly a tap on my shoulder made me jump 5 feet in the air. I turned around to meet dark almond eyes and a smirk.
" Sorry to have scared yea but here you dropped this." In her hand laid my ID card.
" Oh my goodness thank you so much!" I saw a beginning blush on her face as I took my card from her hand. But as I tried to take my card, a slight spark raced from our contacted hands to my heart to make it jump as high as I did before.
" P! Come back here!" The same woman who asked me to move called this P back. Her smirk returned and blush yet away, " well I'm being paged. I'll see you around Baby Bell."
Baby Bell? What in the world? Before I could ask her, she left me more confused then ever.
" What in the hell was that?" Nicky brought me back to the real world. My face heated up again, " I don't know, Nicky, I don't know"