The Hopeful Day?

I couldn't believe that really happened. Frankly I think she was joking about it. She doesn't seem the type to really say those things. But I would be lying to myself if my heart didn't flutter a tad bit when she say those words. Laying my head down in the mold smelling pillow, I could feel my smile growing by the inches as I kept replaying her saving me from that ugly man. Before I realize I was out like a light.

The next morning came to fast I thought. Nicky and Chapman began to stir and I knew it was time for the day to begin. My second day and things couldn't be worse. The officers and P, what is happening with my life.
      " Hey St.Claire let's go get some food." Rubbing the dreams out of my eyes and slithering out of my top bunk was a true struggle, let me tell you.
      "Okay, Nicky." My voice was thick with sleep. I followed Nicky out of the cell and out to the cafeteria.
     " Nicky," she turned to me.
     "Yeah Kid?" Before I could answer, the officer from last night came to view. I couldn't help but shake with fear and prayed that I could be invisible.
       " Inmate," he saw me, oh god. He was walking towards me with the same look he had last night, but before he reached me something wrapped around my waist.
  The familiar voice was a whisper in my ear.      " BabyBell, good morning." From my side view I saw it was P and of course she saved me again.
  " Inmate do you want a shot!" Officer with the
pedo look screamed at P.
    " No Sir." But P didn't  move, " Sir can we go to breakfast now. We don't want to be late for work."
     " Go." was all he said and left.
    " You know I can't always save you no matter how much I do like it, get your shit together." P said with her smile that makes my heart flutter.
    With all the fear still running through my veins I just gave her a simple nod.
    " Come on let's get you some food." She may have dropped her arm from me but I still could feel the burning. From just the drama that happened even before noon I wonder what the rest of the day will bring me.

* so sorry for the late post!! I have been totally busy!! But hopefully I will post more soon!!