A Week Later

Nothing has been to out of the norm this past week. P has been by my side when ever possible and I believe I have been accepted by her crew or she says I am. They find my accent funny and I find them all just fun to be around.
They are all different then the people I was around before I came to America.
      "Sunshine? Whatca thinkin about?" I couldn't catch who said it but P's crew looked at me as I came back from my far away place.
     " Oh nothing just the simplest things I missed back at home."
       "Baby Bell I wanted to ask you something?" It was Suzanne who asked me this. I couldn't bare myself to call her that horrible nickname, crazy eyes. I remember the time she asked me about it. It was just three days ago and I had nothing to tell her. I felt as if the world was on my shoulders that day. As I looked in her eyes I  could see the disparity. I've had that I know I have but yet as I kept looking at her my mind went blank. I simply told her that  many people thought her eyes looked pretty and couldn't think of a better name to describe her eyes. She bought it and I felt horrible. I truly did try to help her realize that a bad thing may turn into something beautiful it's just you take it but P didn't see it that way.
        She told me never to talk to Suzanne alone because she didn't know what she could do, with all those break downs she had. I couldn't simply ignore Suzanne like the rest on them do. They only tolerate her because she's part of their race, I just couldn't.
      I speak with her about her day and this girl named Sunshine that Suz has gotten quite obsessed with. It's funny sometimes watching her expressions. She's like a wounded dog wanting love but isn't sure how to approach to get it and I feel guilt because of it.
     I have P or I think I have P. I mean she's been there, protecting me and accepting me but I know the way her friends look at my pale skin. I am not one of them. I can be a friend but never more and that brings me sadness.
        I have been here for two weeks and I have more drama than when I was outside a free or somewhat free woman. In here I know I will get fed and have a roof over my head. I know that I will not be woken up in the middle of the night to be beaten or tossed out to help my dear "uncle" get drugs. I am Baby Bell, the tiny girl with the long blonde hair and quiet voice who's scared of her own shadow. I am Baby Bell.

So a little flashback and revealing things about her past... Dun dun dun!!
Read and Comment I love hearing from you guys☺️