My Saving Grace

After the drama in the cafeteria, Nicky, Chapman, and I went back to the bunks. Nicky with a frustrated look, Chapman with a walking target on her back and I with the look of deep concentration.
" Chapman, how could you be so stupid and insult Red's food right in front of her!" Nicky was finally letting her built up frustration on Chapman, " Red isn't going to let you eat now!" I could understand Nicky's concern but Chapman has to learn when to keep her mouth shut.
" Excuse for not being mute like St.Claire right here or maybe I should call you Baby Bell that really got your attention!" What have I done to have her insult me?
" Chapman you are outta line right there and you know it." Nicky spoke I could the snippy vileness in her voice.
"Why do you defend her! She is new just like me but you defend her like she is God or something!" I agree with Chapman in the point: Nicky, Morello and even the guards were all nice. Nicer than they all should be given the certain situation.
" Chapman, please stop" I tried to get Chapman to calm down," there is no need to be yelling when we were right in front of her." Chapman glared at me as she continued forward to be right in front of my face.
" Little Girl, you better learn your place and learn it fast because even though I may not be a violent person I swear to god I will hurt you," my eyes almost popped out of my head by her comment towards me! Like really!! What have I done to her! Just because I told her to stop!
" I'm sorry Chapman if I offended you but we are both in a position where we are both grumpy and frankly we should all just get some sleep and not start something that can't be finished now." I really am trying to reason with this crazy woman and we haven't even been in this place for even a whole day..... she has way to much mental problems for me. Exhaling quickly, Chapman just went into our cell followed by Nicky who just gave me a look that was between proud and worried.
As they went away I just stayed there and really realized the situation I was in, I could have been hurt all because a woman can't handle the bluntness that I have sometimes.
I was in my own little world and I didn't hear the steps that snuck up on me, " You really have some balls don't you?" Zipping around I saw the same man with the mustache and creepy stare.
" Excuse me?" I was worried now, this guy is a officer I can't hurt him if he gets to close! What do I do?!
" God! That voice! I want you!" He whispered furiously as he backed me into the wall. I couldn't help but whimper from fright, this man towers over me and made me scared.
" Hey!" The officer backed away from instantly, I peeked around to see those same almond eyes that I fell into early, " there is ummm the toilet... yeah the toilet is broken. I was suppose to come and get you." My saving grace obviously lied straight forward to the C.O. but even before she could get her sentence all the way out he was gone, down the hall and away from me.
I shyly stood there not knowing what to do. I could have gotten raped or something for goodness sakes! Tears started to form in my eyes
" Baby Bell are you all right?" The same almond eyes stared at me with worry.
" Yes," my voice broke be as tears began to fall.
" Ah shit come here" my angel wrapped her arms around me in a tight embrace that made me feel safe for the first time since I have gotten here. The tears have slowed down but I didn't trust my voice so whispering in her shoulder, " thank you so much, stranger." Bending slightly down I could feel her warm breath in my ear, " please be safe Baby Bell." Stepping out of our embrace I instantly felt cold and alone. " My name is Poussey and I need to get going before Pornache realizes that I lied. I will see you later and please be careful and don't cry! You are to pretty for that" she just left after that. Seriously!!
" Hey!" P turned around, " dream about me" and with a wink she ran down the hall to some where unknown.