𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿

𝗔𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗻

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

I felt so out of place.

Sloane came and got me this morning, dragging me across the small hallway into her and Bucky's shared apartment, sat me on the ground, and started to do my hair. Bucky walked out of the bathroom about halfway through Sloane running a flat iron through my hair, and he smiled at me, before leaning down to kiss Sloane. "I've got a meeting with Prez," Bucky explained, squeezing my shoulder before kissing Sloane one more time, "I know you're showing Aspen around today, but remember it's the ride out, you're both expected to be there."

"What's a ride out?"

Sloane squealed, setting the flat iron beside us on a towel, and grabbed my shoulders, shaking me a bit. I laughed as she continued to shake me, "Oh my god you're going to love it! It's the one night a month that we get to all be together, we ride up to the falls and Prez and Bucky grill, we drink, and we can swim in the watering hole! It's so fun, you're going to love it!"

"Easy baby," Bucky chuckled, kissing her head softly, and I couldn't help but smile. I've only been here for a little over twelve hours but I could tell how much Bucky loved Sloane. He had a look in his eyes that I've only ever seen in movies, his face was hard, but his eyes were so soft, and his thumb traced her jaw when she tilted her head to look up at him. "Don't give her whiplash because you're excited," Bucky kissed her forehead once, before pecking her lips and heading for the door. "Stay away from Sharon, Steve ended things with her so you know that's about to be a shit show," My heart was in my throat at that statement, "It had nothing to do with you Aspen," Bucky threw in immediately, apparently the fear flashed across my face, "It's just shit timing, he's been meaning to end things for a while. I'll see you guys later."

Sloane went back to straightening my hair, and I watched her through the mirror, her hazel eyes focused on the length of my hair, only to set down the flat iron again, and start braiding a few strands. "Bucky really loves you," Sloane blinked, pulled out of her thoughts, and met my gaze in the mirror, "I can see that, he's lucky to have you."

"I'm lucky he found me."

"How did he find you?" I saw her throat bob and I felt guilt rise in my chest, instantly opening my mouth to tell her she didn't need to tell me and apologize for prying, but she started speaking before I could.

"You're probably the only one who could understand," Sloane reached for a rubber band, starting to twist it around the end. "I was twenty, my Dad, he was, is, involved in some underground money stuff, I'm not entirely sure what he does, but he sold my hand in marriage," She paused, looking down at my hair again, "He sold me, to pay off a debt, and I ran, but there's only so far you can run from bad people, I reached the highway before they got me, and I was beaten so severely I was rendered unconscious," she tucked some hair behind her ear, showing me a crescent-shaped scar on her temple, "When I came to, I had a giant man hovering over me and I screamed," She smiled, shaking her head laughing, "I didn't think a man could fly away from a person so fast, but Bucky was across the room, giving me a lot of space before Steve came in and told me what happened, and well, I never left."

Sloane turned off the flat iron before turning me around so she could apply some mascara. "I'm the only girl here that is actually claimed by a member of the Hellraisers, it gets lonely."

"What about all those girls down there?" I asked, getting up with her when she was done, her elbow linked with mine before we were both walking towards the front door. I could feel the heat coming through the windows and let out a quiet sigh, it was going to be a scorching day. But I smiled when Sloane squeezed me to her side, and we jogged down the stairs, stopping at the bottom of the landing, hearing the group of men talking amongst themselves. I probably wasn't supposed to know what was happening, because I wasn't really a part of the Hellraisers, but that didn't seem to bother Sloane when she gave me a grin.