Unintended Tragedy

"The body's own defense systems are biological miracles, but... germs and viruses (remain) unbeatable attackers." Ina Knobloch

*

Matthias Glaubrecht calls delayed immune responses to virus attacks "biological lessons from the history of humanity".

*

Glaubrecht discusses how "the unintended tragedy" affects the colonialists' debt account. "The Great Dying" led to the collapse of the original cultures.

"It was not weapons and... consecrations" that paved the way for white supremacy, but diseases. This is Glaubrecht's super-plausible credo. The present makes clear what one would otherwise hardly believe.

Demographic Catastrophe

At its peak, Tenochtitlan surpassed all other cities in the Americas in size and splendor. In 1519, the conquistadors led by Hernán Cortés marveled like "village idiots" at the avenues and canals between the monuments of intimidation in the capital of the Aztec Empire. Paris, Europe's most important metropolis at the time, was smaller and less glamorous. The Spanish would never have been able to take Tenochtitlan if a smallpox epidemic had not broken out during initial contact with the whites. This is what Matthias Glaubrecht claims in his essay "Demographic Catastrophes of Humanity".

Quotes from „Corona und wir - Denkanstöße für eine veränderte Welt"

Glaubrecht speaks of the world's "largest demographic catastrophe... The city lost... a third of its population" without fighting. In addition to smallpox, "measles, typhus, diphtheria and influenza" were fatal as a result of a lack of immunity. Many died without contact with the usurpers. The white people's viruses and bacteria colonized the new world with the speed of wildfire. "Ghostly plagues depopulated entire areas of the country" without any visible encounter with the enemy.

Glaubrecht calls delayed immune responses to viral attacks "biological lessons from human history."

Glaubrecht discusses how "the unintended tragedy" affects the colonialists' debt account. "The Great Dying" led to the collapse of the original cultures.

"It was not weapons and... consecrations" that paved the way for white supremacy, but diseases. This is Glaubrecht's super-plausible credo. The present makes clear what one would otherwise hardly believe.