Arctic Separatism

The Sakâw-iginiw-ok existed - in present-day Canada and North America - in a network of economic relationships for over a thousand miles. There were canoe communes, trapping cooperatives, distribution centers and loading stations. Lamellae and other offcuts from raw pieces were used in home-made composite tools such as hatchets and arrows. 
From time to time, the locals pulled scattered Europeans out of the bush. The newcomers were amazed at the blond Sakâw-iginiw-ok and uninhibited couples de personnes de même sexe. The Sakâw-iginiw-ok belonged to the Ayisiniwok community (les Cris). In a broad concept of (in any case not ethnically defined) affiliation, there were semi-urban variants, arctic separatism and mounted prairie monarchies.

The Sakâw-iginiw-ok traded with French rangers (coureur des bois). France monopolized the Canadian fur trade for a long time. With the founding of the Hudson's Bay Company (Compagnie de la Baie d'Hudson), Charles II launched a British attack on this domain in 1670. His grandfather, James I, a son of Mary Stuart, who was executed at Queen Elizabeth's behest, had a merchant fleet of just twenty ships at the beginning of the 17th century. The crown lay like a beggar's hat in front of their pepper sacks. James was King of England and Scotland. He blurred bloody divisions by proclaiming Britain. Two hundred years later, almost everything that was still largely Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch and French in the East Indies at his time would be British. James' role in this process can hardly be underestimated. He was not needed by the force whose momentum was overflowing in Protestant countries. It washed away the Catholic world order cemented by Pope Alexander VI aka Rodrigo Borgia in the Treaty of Tordesillas in 1494.

By the way. What would have happened if Elizabeth's father, Henry VIII, had not opened his own church?I've just read that eight of the twelve buying trips before 1612 were unfortunate. Nevertheless, there was an average profit of two hundred percent. Illegal acquisitions were added to the successes achieved by buying and sailing. Robbery and theft on land and at sea existed equally alongside business-like transactions and were duly recorded. The ludicrously high loss rate among seamen was irrelevant.Now a variety of products were produced in England for overseas markets. Preferences also varied in India, what an observation, paying attention to them brought progress. You don't travel with the same baggage everywhere. In return, the English exploiters packed spices and gold, spices, gold and copper, spices, gold, copper and tea.

The heads of the English East India Company founded by Elizabeth I were more powerful than the first British king - Charles II. Their royal charter was the equivalent of a license to print money. Overseas, they controlled the courts and the military. They had the right to wage war and make peace. They did not succeed in keeping out the Catholic French, who were advancing into India with might and main. Charles II was called a French Stuart. After him, James II openly catholicized the throne.

In the English vernacular, Catholicism was the Spanish plague. The English insulted their opponents as dogs of the Inquisition. They also insulted their kings from the House of Stuart in the same way. There was talk of a Stuart economy that was friendly to France. Some shareholders of the East India Company were fabulously rich. The directors installed and removed kings far beyond the East Indies. The Stuarts (also) saw the Company as an enemy. In allusion to the virgin (unmarried/childless) Queen Elizabeth, to whom the founding of the trading company was owed, the descendants of the Scottish Catholic Mary Stuart named the company Hamamelis virginiana - Virginian witch hazel. James II tried to crack the nut by curtailing the power of shareholders.