7 🐚

It didn't take for Aliya and Talha's family to fix their engagement date. The two of them met twice before making the most important decision of their lives. Aliya liked Talha. He is introverted and polite. He made her comfortable and willingly listened to her talk endlessly. She felt respected being in his presence and his aura provided with a sense of safety. All in all she deemed him good for marriage.

Aliya still hasn't gotten a hold of Shams. Not that she made extreme efforts. She tried once when Shams came over to meet Dua but he brushed her off and since then she steered clear from him like she always did. And he hadn't made a single comment towards neither mean or sarcastically, which he usually did so it meant they're done fighting for good now.

Aliya and Talha's engagement was an intimate event. Not too many guests were invited. It was just their family and close friends. Considering how Dua is part of the family her family was also invited which meant Shams was present at the function as well. He seemed indifferent to the ceremony.

It had been a month since Aliya got engaged to Talha. The duo had been getting to know to each other. They're set to marry each other as soon as Aliya graduates, and that's still ten to eleven months away. Things had been going smoothly for Aliya and for her, life has never been better.

A knock on her bedroom door brings Aliya out of her train of thoughts. She tells the other person to enter the room. Dua entered the room.

"Bhabhi, ayen na. Apne mujhe bula liya hota." Aliya said sitting up from her position on her bed.

"Arey nahin its fine. Me to bore horhi thi socha tmhe bhi kardoon." Dua giggled sitting beside her sister in law.

"Acha chaliye sath me bore hote hain." Aliya laughed.

"Aur batao? Talha theek hai? Baat hui hai tumhari?"

"theek hain. Kal hui thi." Aliya shrugged.

"Cool." The two sat in comfortable silence when Dua started again, "Aliya ek baat batao..."

"Puchen." Aliya said combing her hand through her hair.

"Tumhari aur Shams ki ladai hui hai?" Dua asked making Aliya pause for a second before she replied.

"Main aur Shams toh hamesha hi ladte hain, isme naya kya hai?"

"Haan tum dono ki behez hoti hai, ladaiyan hoti hain par tm dono ne kabhi baat band nahi ki. I've noticed you two aren't speaking to each other. Tum ek dusre ko avoid karhe ho. There's no banter or insults and that's completely not you two." Dua got it all off of her chest. She's been severely bothered by the situation. She knew they both didn't like each other and it was fine but she also knew that they both didn't despise each other.

"I know bhabhi, but apko nahi lgta it's time we grow up and stop fighting all the time?" Aliya stared at her sister in law.

"It's good that you two decided to grow up but shouldn't you two try to be civil with each other instead of not acknowledging others' existence. It's awkward at family gatherings." Dua sighed. "Also i feel so disheartened having to chose between the two of you during those events."

"You don't have to." Aliya said placing her hand on top of Dua's. "He's your brother and I'm your sister in law. Of course we hold different places in your heart and that definitely doesn't have to mean that you have to choose one of us. And I won't mind if you choose to spend time with him, that'd be too childish of me." She laughed trying to ease the tension.

"Alright, I understand. Not completely but somewhat."Aliya smiled at Dua's words but her next words made her recoil. "I know something happened between the two of you, I won't force you to talk to him or sort it all but at least tell me what happened."

Aliya debated for a good few minutes whether she should tell her or not. In the end she decided that she should come clean and after deciding so, she filled Dua in with everything that happened.

You two are unbelievable." Dua rolled her eyes at no one in particular. Aliya shrugged as she didn't know what to say. "It was truly the most childish thing I've ever heard. I mean he's too far into his head to not do what he's being told and you're too childish to break his phone." Dua felt like smacking both of them upside on their heads, just so their brains can work properly.

"I tried to apologise but he didn't give me a chance. So that's not my fault." Aliya pointed out.

"Yeah I'm sorry about that." Dua replied.

"Don't be, not your fault."

"You two are literally so irritating." Dua laughed before adding. "Now I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that you two aren't speaking to each other."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Aliya was confused as to what Dua meant by this statement of hers.

"Well now you two have something to fight over and I'm not sure how you're going to do it since you're giving each other the silent treatment." Dua suppressed a smile.

"Bhabhi you're not making any sense."

"I'm wondering if you two'll fight for being the baby's favourite."

"The WHOOO???" Aliya yelled as soon as Dua's words registered in her brain. "ARE YOU FOR REALL???" She asked jumping infront of her sister in law.

"Yes. For real. Tum phuppo banne wali ho."

"And here I thought life couldn't be better." Aliya cried hugging Dua. "Ap fikar nahi kare bhabhi me Shams se nahi ladungi iss chiz par." Dua looked at Aliya with hopeful eyes until she added, "kyuke koi competition hai hi nahin, me hi favourite hoon." Which made Dua playfully hit her arm.

A/n: 🫣 so I'm back again hehe. Forgive me for delaying sm I've been so busy. Finally ch.7 is here. Enjoy❤️ not proofread tho.