(21) Plan: Beat her to it!

(A/N)
Again out of ideas for this but I keep looking at the earlier chapters and think they're kinda cringy, if there's anything that you could see me fixing please tell!
_____________________________________________________

Natsu pov

Yesterday levy asked everyone to go to the summer festival, saying that it was a good time for everyone to "bond"? I don't know but I said I'd go and so did everyone else, well Luce didn't answer but I assume levy asked her first and that's why. Speaking of Luce, I kissed her again. We were supposed to be working things out but it's only been like what a week or two since we agreed to that and we've done nothing to work it out. But maybe I'm wrong, I'm bad at relationships the on,y one I had was one time in middle school and she broke up with me. I just don't know if I should just ask Luce to be her boyfriend or if I should wait. I could ask someone but at this point they will just tell me to ask her. Which I mean, it is their honest opinion but not the one I want to hear. Maybe if I asked levy she would say something different, and gajeels good at relationship advice but I'm still a little mad at him. Luce told me to get over it multiple times, and I know I should but I just can't.

I hear my phone ping and hesitantly look over to it incase it's Luce texting me about yesterday.

Levy
L: "NATSU"
L: "ANSWER RIGHT NOW ITS AN EMERGENCY!!!"
N: "what is it?"
L: "the summer festival, Lucy is planning on asking you out and I want you to tell her instead"
N: "Why"
L: "we both know how Lu is, she's gonna chicken out and you two are never going to get together! So just do what I say and tell her!"
N: "okay, what do you want me to do?"
L: "okay, I've come up with the perfect plan"
L: "so I'm going to tell Lu not to confess to you, and then she's going to think nothing will happen during the festival buttt, during fireworks I want you to start the conversation confess all your feelings and kiss her!!"
N: "do you really think that's going to work?"
L: "I mean it should."
N: "how exactly are you going to get her to not confess to me?"
L: "stop asking questions and leave it to me!"
N: "okay."

So now it's up to me to plan exactly what I'm going to say and give Luce the perfect confession. I'm definitely going to fuck this up.

Lucy's pov

"Lu!" Levy calls my name from another room. "What!" I shout. "Come here k need to tell you something!" She shouts back leaving me to walk over to where she is. "I was just talking to gray and I don't think you should confess to natsu at the festival." Levy tells me leaving me with a worried look. "Why did something happen to him, is he okay?" I asked concerned. "He's okay, gray just said that he's not exactly acting like natsu." She says. "I think I should talk to him, I just don't want him to be like this because of me." I sigh. "Okay but you should probably just text him." Levy tells me.

Natsu pov

Levy
L: "Natsu Lucy might call you just act a little different"
N: "why? "
L: "I told her a reason not to confess to you and it resorted in you not acting a lot like yourself. "
N: "then how should I act?
L: " just sound a little down, that's all."

Right as levy sends that text I get a call from Luce.
"Hey luce." I said trying to sound a little off.
"Natsu you sound down, what's wrong?" Luce questions me.
"Nothing, really this is just how I normally sound." I say in my now normal voice trying to convince her of the lie that levy told.
"Don't lie to me natsu. I know when something is wrong what is it?" She asks me with worry in her voice.
"Really Luce it's nothing. " I start feeling bad because she's actually worried.
"Natsu dragneel! If you don't tell me what is wrong I'm going to go to your dorm and ask you in person!" She says trying to get the truth out of me.
"I'm telling you Lucy, nothing is wrong I  just woke up not that long ago so my voice is a little different but that all." I say more seriously.
"Okay, if you say so." She says sounding more down.
"Now you sound down, what's wrong luce?" I say actually worried.
"Nothing." She says obviously lying.
I think back to what I said and realized I called her lucy. The only time I say Lucy is when I'm upset at her. "I'm not mad at you Luce, if that's what you're thinking. I just said Lucy because you said my full name." I tell her hoping to make her feel more at ease.
"Well I just wanted to see if you were okay, you said you are so I'll leave you alone now bye natsu, see you tomorrow." She says.
"Bye Luce, see you tomorrow. And stop worrying about me." I tell her.
"Okay, bye for real this time." She laughs hanging up.

Lucy's pov

"You're right lev, he sounded off. " I say. "I guess this means I won't have to worry about chickening out." I laugh. "Don't worry you'll have another opportunity, you still have a month anyways." Levy says reassuring me. "I know, but I just-" I start to talk. "Lu just stop worrying about it and focus on something else like what we should wear!" Levy interrupts to get off topic. "Okay, but I shouldn't dress up too much right?" I ask. "Well this is pretty much a date for everyone so you could consider it a date for you and nastu." Levy smirks. "So I should dress up?" I question. "Yes!" She says like it was obvious. "I hope nastu is okay, he sounded pretty serious about me not finding out what was wrong. He even called me 'Lucy'" I say to levy as we walk to her room. "Well what was the context?" She asks me. "I said his full name." I say. "Lu he was just doing what you were doing it means nothing!" Levy exclaims. "You're right, now let's focus on our outfits." I smile at levy.

_____________________________________________________
(A/N)
I had writers block this chapter so it's a little rough >-<
Word count: 1108