4 - Desire

After what happened between Paul, Jom and their mother, Jom wanted to stay alone and so Paul gave him the space and rather walked out of the house, to not interact with anyone at the moment.

"Wait! You forgot about someone!" Paul sighed and looked at Sand who followed him.

"You saw that... how ideal is my family..." Paul was never proud of it but there was nothing he could do about it. He couldn't tell anyone their mother was beating them whenever they broke the rules in the house... Jom was her favorite until she found out about his flings and several girlfriends with whom he slept... Paul knew his brother wouldn't be such a player if he had his freedom to date his girl as he would want. To take her home and introduce her to his parents, to take her out without hiding and parents could financially support him since he was still a minor. Paul knew it and yet he couldn't do anything. He couldn't stand up to their stubborn mother who never took others' opinions or advice into her heart. Not even Nainae, who was very stubborn as her, could change her mindset.

"I'm really sorry about that... to be honest, I don't know what to think about your mother now. She was nice at first and then... I didn't expect it."

"What about your mother? Was she nice?" He nodded with a smile and Paul felt a strong hit of jealousy within him.

"She was the kindest. Although I was just a simple accident, she still brought me up even by herself and gave me the freedom I needed. She was really open-minded and supported my relationships though they didn't end up really well..." Paul bit his lips. He couldn't stop the envy he was just feeling.

"What's wrong?" Sand looked closely at him and Paul avoided his eye contact. Sand shook his shoulder and Paul slightly pushed him off.

"Hey, talk to me."

"Fine... to be honest, I'm really jealous of you."

"Oh, so that's what's wrong. Well, you don't have to anymore because there's no way I'm going to meet my mother ever again anyways!" Sand shouted and sped up to go ahead of Paul who regretted his words instantly... why did he say it? He was still blaming himself for separating Sand from his mother so why couldn't he stop the negative feelings?

"Sand! Wait!" Paul yelled at him but Sand didn't turn around. Not until he heard the sound of falling down and then he saw Paul lying on the pavement as he tripped. He approached him but didn't help him up this time.

"You are... still so clumsy." Paul twitched his body and then knelt to get on his feet.

"Huh? Why are you crying?" Sand was confused because he didn't think he said anything harming.

"Because I hate myself! I hate that you are in this mess because of me! I hate that I couldn't help my little brother! I hate myself for it!" Paul kept crying and shouting until Sand covered his mouth with his hand as people were coming.

"Shush, let's go to the place which calms you down." Sand said and Paul nodded. Since Sand didn't know the older version of the city, Paul led him to the place which he wanted to visit.

The doorbell rang when those two walked into the record store and they could see many people searching through tapes or listening to the vinyl record with the headphones. Sand was completely moved when he came in. He saw many tapes and records which weren't available for buying in his century.

While Sand was looking closely at the tapes, Paul was looking for the new record of his favorite artist. They both were in their own world which they loved and which helped them to overcome the reality.

"Micro! Rock Lek Lek! I need to play it for Song!" He looked for him and saw him already listening to his chosen music. Paul was so focused on it with his eyes closed that Sand wanted to take advantage of it. He grabbed his tape and walked to Paul who was slightly dancing to the new song he was just hearing and smiled from ear to ear. It reminded Sand of himself whenever he visited Micro's concerts and enjoyed himself there among the audience who had the same taste. He didn't find there people his age though but most people who were growing up with Micro.