ACT FOUR: ENTWINED

𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖜𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖉

𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖜𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖉. he realizes...
he loves you too much

𝗗𝗔𝗡 𝗛𝗘𝗡𝗚'𝗦 𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗦 curled into fists, nails digging into his gloved palms

𝗗𝗔𝗡 𝗛𝗘𝗡𝗚'𝗦 𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗦 curled into fists, nails digging into his gloved palms. until now, you still thought of dan feng. still, he suppressed the bitter thought brewing in his gut.

now calm and seeing reason better, you sigh and glance at dan heng, not missing the way his expression subtly changed. "i'm sorry about the outburst," you murmur, thinking he was off-put by you making a scene. but dan heng didn't care about that. his grip on your hand tightens, urging you to look at him, just like he always wanted.

"dan heng?"

"yeah, just...keep calling my name," he rasps, having calmed himself at his ridiculous thoughts and irrational feelings. nonetheless, dan heng grips your hand tightly, trying to drown in your touch, but it only serves to deepen his turmoil. on the surface, he remains calm and collected, but within, a storm rages.

a part of him wants nothing more than to pull you close and lose himself in your embrace, as he did as dan feng. your mere presence stirs memories of your past life together, memories that feel both vivid and hazy at the same time; memories that conflict with the man he is now.

dan heng worked hard to distance himself from his past as dan feng, kept it a secret even to the nameless whom he sees as family. but being with you threatens to undo all of that. each look and smile from her pulls him back toward who he used to be.

"yeah, i'm sorry i let my personal emotions get in the way." but dan heng merely dismissed your apology with a shake of his head, paired with a quick reassurance.

the next you're facing with huanxi, you're calm again, steadied by the warmth of dan heng's palm engulfing yours. she showed open hostility but didn't comment more, so you opt to listen this time, rolling your eyes everytime she countered dan heng - it did not go unnoticed but what can she do?

"i haven't even set eyes on bailu, and people are already urging me not to meet her..." dan heng sighs, referring to the energetic healer lady that is the youngest vidyadhara high elder ever since dan feng's molting rebirth and dan heng's banishment.