Part 4

1 year later
🎨
"And now I hear-by sentence you to 32 years in prison."

My knees feel weak. We won, 24 years of abuse and he is finally getting what he deserves.

I hope he rots there till he dies.

Me and my brothers can finally be a family. Me Landon and Lewis got joint custody of Luka and Lewis now owns Warlock house.

Mother would be so proud of us all.

When we return home Luka is with the nanny as we didn't want to expose him to that side of father. Lewis nods at me and I head towards our little brother.

"Hey Luka, do you want to come and paint with me, I need to talk to you." I ruffle the curls on his head as he smiles and nods.

He's always loved painting so to break the news that his father won't be returning until he's most likely married with kids I'll let him paint with me.

I flick the light on revealing boxes upon boxes of painting I need to ship off to buyers and a few that I'm currently working on.

Luka runs towards a small canvas and lifts it up. "Can I paint on this one?" He asks smiling, I nod down at him as he places it on one of my smaller easels which is caked in paint.

After I tell Luka about father he asks a million questions to which I try to answer most.

Life's going to be very different now. Lewis works from home after moving back which is good for Luka, I attend university 3 days a week but I'm mostly home painting and Landon is travelling with Ice hockey. Hoping to go pro.

I place banners up on the wall trying not to fall while attaching the blue tac. It's Landon's 29th birthday and we decided to have a small party with his hockey team and a few friends.

"Don't fall." An unfamiliar voice clouds my head making me turn around.

Mystery man. It's been over a year since I saw this guy but he hasn't changed one bit. Same black fluffy curls, irritating smile and cockiness radiating off him.

"Why not? Surely Prince Charming will catch me." I bring up the joke from last year which he most likely forgot.

"Don't count on it, people are fucked up darling." He remembers me. And the pet name makes my skin prick with goosebumps.

"Is that all you have to say to me?" I ask wondering if his vocabulary does actually extend.

He chuckles then throws his hands into his leather jacket then walks off. Asshole.

The last time I saw him was more pleasant than this, he was kinder then. Maybe I read him wrong and he just wanted to get into my pants.

As it gets later more people turn up and I stay in the paint room for most of the night because I'd rather not face people tonight, Landon understands and I promised I'd take him out for lunch tomorrow as a birthday treat.

Ever since the whole incident with our father from a year ago until now, me and my older brothers have gotten closer which I've never been happier about.

I stroke the brush along the canvas creating a base layer for my next piece when the door clicks and the sight of leather appears out of the corner of my eye.