Chapter 1. Regain

I slowly gain conscious when murky and grimy water was dumped on my face. I sat up, coughing and shivering from the water. I could feel the clothes I was wearing become sticky and soaked with dirt.

"What the hell was that for?"
I yelled, wiping the mud off my face.

"It was the best way we could get you to wake up. It was Rays idea, not mine!"
Joseph said, pointing a finger a Ray.

"Flipping snitch!"
Ray murmured, rolling her eyes as she leaned up against a tree trunk.

I sighed, wiping off the rest of the water off me and getting up. I could see a river to next us. It was probably where Joseph got the water from. Joseph was carrying Rays backpack, sleeping bags, and other stuff I couldn't quite figure out. I turned to my side and saw that Ray was picking the dead grass, throwing it aside for it to be trampled on. My head was throbbing from the right side of my scalp, like something was eating at it.

"We should probably cover some more ground before we start to set up camp. It's definitely not safe here."
Joseph spoke.

Ray nodded and walked to my side, noticing my pale face.

"Yo you good bro? You look pale"

I nodded but instantly got dizzy. I held onto Rays shoulder for support.

"Yeah I'm fine, just a headache."
I sputtered, rubbing my eyes.

Joseph glanced at the two of us before walking silently down the path. Me and Ray followed behind.