Chapter 3. Aloe

I woke to the sounds of violent growling and snarling. My heart pounded as I jumped up, looking around and seeing pure black night. I felt as I was being watched. Although I couldn't see anything. As I stood up, my head pounded. I felt myself getting light-headed. The world was spinning, my breathing started to get heavy. I closed my eyes, hoping the pain and the sounds of a wolf would go away.

I woke up. I was in bed, like nothing had happened. I checked out my window, there was clear skies. No wind, no fog, no wolves howling. No outbreak. I was confused. What happened? I grabbed my phone that was sitting on top of my nightstand, quickly texting my friend, Ray.

"Bro, what the freak happened?"
"Am I dreaming or did you experience that too?"

I texted, anxiously waiting for a response back.

"Huh? What's happened?"
"Did the NSB die??"

As the dumb and clueless girl I knew, she definitely didn't know. Was it all a dream? No, it couldn't be. Joseph was there

"Did we ever meet up with Joseph like this year?"

I asked.

"Huh? Joseph? We haven't seen him since elementary. What are you on about?"

Ray answered, putting a skull emoji next to her message. I was right, she didn't know. I sat there, sitting down on my bed, confused, anxious, worried and very confused. I checked the date on my phone.

"March 24th of 2024"
It read. Hm. It was a Sunday. Not really suspicious.