Chapter 13

"Shit! Let's talk first." Napataas pa siya ng kamay. "I don't want to fight you."

"Tell me then, why are you here?" I asked again.

"Trust me, Rain! Were not here to hurt you. We just entered the mafia in disguise just to see you." Napabuntong-hininga siya.

I don't easily trust anyone. I can't even trust my own family since I know they are lying and hiding secrets from me.

But I will give him a chance. I want to hear what he will tell me since he is someone from my past.

Inilayo ko ang katana ko sa kanya at bumalik sa pagkakaupo sa kama.

"Explain." I commanded.

"When we entered the Ponos mansion what our goal is just to know if you're still alive and then I found out that you're experiencing amnesia since you can't recognize me, so we followed you here to help you recover your memories."

"Why are you helping me?"

"Because we cared for you. We love you, Rain. I love you." Tumaas ang isang kilay ko.

His so bold to tell me straight about it. Damn, I remember this guy confess his love to me in a fountain.

I can even hear his cringe line.

"I know it's not the perfect timing, but I want to say that I like you, Rain Hailey Park!"

He looked sincere though.

"Kung alam mo lang hinanap ka namin sa nagdaang dalawang taon halos halughugin namin ang buong Pilipinas. Hindi kami sumuko kahit ang daming lumitaw na ebidensyang hindi ka nakaligtas sa pagsabog. Hanggang sa pinili na naming pumunta rito sa Greece kahit sobrang mapanganib."

Natigilan ako. "Teka lang! So, you met me in the Philippines? I came from there? I didn't know that! At anong pagsabog?" I immediately bombarded him with questions.

"Yes, in Stanford University when you transferred there because you were sponsored by my grandpa to protect me. My grandpa is a close friend of your master, who raised you on the island."

What? I was raised in an island!

"According to Carl, you both grew up on an island and trained there together since you were separated from the Ponos mafia. No wonder they would not say it to you since you will know that you didn't really grow up with them. You don't really belong here, Rain."

That's the reason why Hellion couldn't answer me and looked guilty when I told him that I felt like I hadn't contributed anything to the Mafia, because that's the truth.

I was separated from them and lived an ordinary life.

I know I should not fully trust him, but what he is saying right now makes sense.

Bumalik sa alaala ko ang matandang lalaki na lagi kong napapanaginipan at ang paulit-ulit na senaryo ng isang dalagitang nakasakay sa bangka habang umiiyak.

That's me leaving the island and that old man is maybe the one who raised me.

So, that's the reason why I can speak Tagalog fluently. It's not because of my grandma; it's because I've been used to that language all my life, which is why I learned it easily.