A Little Introduction

After going through a devastating heartbreak, Ayra Khan has had enough of Cupid's questionable matchmaking skills. She believes that the mischievous god of love is to blame for her romantic misfortunes and decides to take matters into her own hands by attempting the unthinkable — shooting Cupid himself! 

Armed with a handful of arrows and determined to rewrite her destiny, Ayra sets out to confront the famed matchmaker. Her journey takes her through the world of romance, and she meddles with destiny in ways Cupid never anticipated. As she misfires and makes unexpected connections, she begins to question her motives and reevaluate the essence of love. 

Will Ayra's unconventional antics prove that love is more than just a cosmic coincidence, or is she destined to be the ultimate anti-Cupid?

Find out in Cupid's Karma, a romantic comedy that explores the quirky intersection of fate and love, proving that sometimes, you have to challenge destiny to find your own happily ever after.

***

NOTE: 

Cupid's Karma is a work of fiction, an original novella written for the Open Novella Contest 2024. It mainly follows prompt 41: "I shot Cupid because I didn't want to fall in love again." 

Other prompts used in this novella are 24 (A desperate wish made from the heart is always answered, sooner or later) and 35 (Red is the color of love, Dark Red is the color of love gone wrong. The darker the shade, the higher the stakes).

All characters in this story are fictional therefore, resemblance to any person living or dead is purely coincidental. Also, this story is rated mature for strong language and certain concepts that are not appropriate for an under 18 audience. Read at your own discretion.

The chapter numbers follow the Ancient Greek numerology, for your reference, chart is added below:

Now that the formalities are done with, grab a cup of coffee or tea and some popcorn as we dive right into the story

I hope you guys enjoy reading it. Don't be a silent reader and spread the love through your votes and comments.

I look forward to reading what you have to say about this story.

Love from,

Zenina Dawson.