08| Sick Day

~To The Story~

Karma was used to coming back to an empty house. The rare times he does come home and find the presence of his parents at home was a strange thing to him. It's not awkward since they rarely acknowledge him when he comes back unless they have something to say, but it's definitely weird to have them around.

So, when Karma returned home sometime late in the afternoon and saw your outdoor shoes, he felt the familiar weirdness.

It's a foreign feeling, but he enjoys it somewhat knowing there is someone here. He had someone to bounce back on his teasing, someone to talk to and admittedly, it was nice to have some home-cooked meals for once.

When he spots you in the living room, he makes an effort to say something.

"Wow. Studying again?" Karma snickered. "You could use a break."

That may or may not have been a subtle hint to tell you that he wants to hang out with you.

You suppress a yawn, filling in one of the blank answers, which kept you from sparing him a single glance.

"Maybe I'll take one in an hour." Your answer was short and curt.

Karma figures you were too focused on your homework and brushed off your coldness. He went to his room to take a nap.

For almost the entire day, Karma has been feeling a little under the weather. His throat was a bit scratchy, some of his joints hurt, and his face felt hot.

Koro-sensei was the first to pick up on it and informed him that he was getting sick. Not wanting Koro-sensei to go into mother hen mode, Karma told him not to worry about it and to prove to him that he was okay, he didn't skip any of his classes today.

He even stayed after school, but only because Okuda wanted to show him something she'd been working on in the science room.

Karma woke up hours later. It was completely dark out now. He wasn't exactly all better, but he did feel rested at least somewhat.

He scratches his head and yawns.

When he checks the time on his phone, he notices that it's been more than an hour since he last saw you. You're probably taking a break, or making something in the kitchen. Hopefully so because he was getting hungry.

Despite wanting to lie down some more, Karma left the room anyway to see if you were down.

He went downstairs and found you in the exact same position you were in. The only difference is that you were working on a new subject.

"I thought you were going to take a break." He spoke up, but you didn't acknowledge him.

"I did." You answered boredly. Karma was unsure whether to believe you were not but figured not to bug you about it. "Are you going to watch TV? Cause I can leave."

"Stay, leave. It's up to you," he says nonchalantly.

Karma tried to make it look like he didn't care, though that proved to be a mistake when you causally put your stuff away and left.

Karma furrowed his brows and watched you go up the stairs. He did give you the option to leave, yes, but he didn't think you would actually leave. Also, now that he thinks about it, why did you even ask if you could leave in the first place? Since living here, you have always taken up this part of the living room just to study.

It was strange, but Karma had no reason to suspect it had anything to do with him. Yesterday the two of you were chilling on the couch, eating pizza together.