05| Letter From Mom

~To The Story~

Saturday was usually meant for laundry day back at your house, but you still apply that rule here, in your new home. Even if your grandfather was gone, it felt strange to not do these chores he would always remind you to do. You remembered complaining whenever he reminds you to do the laundry or some other chores. But here you are, doing your own laundry without complaining.

Following these rules your grandpa set up, almost felt as though you were back home with him. Keyword: almost.

There is only so much you can feel at home in a total stranger's house.

Still, you're trying to make the best out of the situation. You don't appreciate the fact that there are no adults around to take care of you, but at least there was Karma around. Only because you don't like sleeping alone in an empty house. It's rather freaky.

When you finished dumping your clothes into the wash and turned it on, you left the laundry room.

You were headed back to your room when you spotted Karma. He was coming down the stairs, tired and still in his sleepwear. The messy bed hair going on also further proved that he just woke up.

"Oh, good morning," he greets in a groggy tone as he rubbed his eye.

"Good morning?" You blinked. "Do you know what time it is?"

He just tiredly shrugs.

You gave him a judgemental look, but just ended up sighing.

Despite him being in E-3 at such a strict school, he seems pretty mellow most of the time. You don't recall seeing him studying over ever stressing about midterms. You mostly catch him playing video games, watching a movie, or reading manga.

You wish you were as carefree as him.

"Hey, can you make me breakfast?" Karma asked.

"There is leftover spaghetti," you tell him.

"I want waffles."

Your eyebrows twitched. Just because you offered him lunch yesterday doesn't automatically make you his maid or housekeeper.

"Make it yourself!" You snapped, then proceeded to stomp up the stairs.

'Didn't hurt to try.' Karma thought.

He wasn't expecting you to make anything for him, even if he asked. He just thought it would be funny to get you mad. A great way to start his day.

But he wasn't kidding when he said he wanted waffles.

It's a little over past noon, but that's not going to stop him from having waffles. He only had a couple left which reminds him that he needs to buy some snacks later this week.

After his breakfast, Karma figured he might as well check the mail. He wasn't expecting anything for him, but he hates it when the mailbox gets piled up.

When Karma checked the mail, he expected the usual stuff. Coupons for a fast food joint he's too lazy to check out, some letters from a credit card company, and some were just junk mail.

"Hm?"

However, today, there was one mail that stood out to him. Only because the letter was sent from Tokyo's female prison house. Someone in prison was trying to reach out to someone here. Specifically, you.

When he saw your name written on the back of the envelope, Karma furrowed his brows. Not only do you have a dead grandfather, but now you know someone from a prison cell. What's the story there?