ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 5

At precisely six thirty in the morning, the exact point Sagittarius and Virgo had agreed on for the Scavenger Hunt Prank, Sagittarius made for the first story, grasping a silver microphone connected to a lengthy cord, this juncture not fretting to be noiseless or guileful. He vacated the elevator to find the rest of the complete twelvefold assemblage of the zodiacs, Virgo amongst them. It appeared that Virgo had indeed done his portion of the job well, having woken each and every one of them up. In fact, Sagittarius could perceive a large number of them scowling at Virgo. He chose to let the son of Hans to fend for himself if need be, though he surmised that it wouldn't be needed, given the news he was about to offer them. 

"Okay, some of you might be wondering-" Sagittarius started before being rudely interrupted by Libra, who he was aware was very much not a morning person. All of the villain zodiacs knew it, as Libra was consistently quite unlike himself in the mornings. He was painfully blunt, with a sharp tongue that could kill when he didn't have coffee in the mornings. The others had learned to steer clear of him early in the mornings early on. 

"Get to the point," Libra cut in, earning himself a glare from Sagittarius. When Sag gave him a glimpse, Pisces clearly understood him, as he glanced at the kitchen and the coffee machine before smirking at Sag and clearly not moving. After Sag also sent him a glare, he looked toward Gemini, who sighed in response but rose to grab Libra his coffee. After all, he was the de facto mom of the group in the morns when Libra wasn't quite his own self. Despite his occasional reckless and ridiculous days, he was quite clearly the most responsible out of the other five. A few minutes, Gemini handed Libra his habitual coffee with two packs of sugar. 

As Libra sipped his coffee, Sagittarius continued, giving Gemini a nod in thanks and receiving another nod in return, "Alright, since we haven't been doing anything remotely entertaining these past few days, Virgo and I planned for a scavenger hunt." He suddenly recalled the salt-swapped-with-sugar prank that Virgo carried out. He supposed that the prank would be revealed during lunch, as no one was planning to put together breakfast. 

"Anyways, I have a list for all of you, and you just have to find the objects." He pulled out five small, ripped sheets of paper from his pocket. He had written all of the artifacts down, copying exactly what he had written on his notepad; he had only written the floor, not even the specific rooms for the locations, however. "You guys can get into pairs, preferably four groups of heroes with villains, and one group with two heroes. Okay?"

"Can I just say something?" Cancer queried, an eyebrow raised. "Um, for the record, I don't trust either of you so..."

"I love how you guys have so much faith in us." Virgo rolled his electric blue eyes. "Don't ask me where they are, 'cause Sag is the one who hid them, okay? If he dropped one of them into the toilet or something, blame him, 'cause I had no idea where they're hidden. I came up with the idea; he hid them and acted."

"Yeah, he's right," Sagittarius admitted. "The hiding was one hundred percent me. But don't worry, none of them were dropped into a toilet, okay? Anyways, pairs!"

As expected, Capricorn and Gemini were a duo, and Aries and Cancer were another. Leo decided to pair up with Libra; Aquarius matched up with Pisces, leaving Taurus and Scorpio to wreak havoc to the mansion. 

When they were all paired up, Sagittarius nodded in approval and beamed. "Alright, then, here are the objects you have to find." He gestured towards Virgo, signaling for him to hand them out, one for each group. Once he had completed that task, he added, "Okay, when you find one object, come back here and put it in one of those bins and then tell me the location you found it at, room and all." He gestured towards the bins on the table behind the five groups, all labeled with a blank notecard. "We'll write the group names when you all leave. When an object is found, I'll say the name of the object into this microphone" - here he held up the microphone he had carried down with him - "so you know that that item is pretty much out. It's connected to the speakers around the house. You have 'til the end of the day to find all of them, or the group with most objects will win. Any questions?"

As soon as all of them had moved their heads in the slightest, Sagittarius shouted, "Alright then... go!"

While the others were still reacting, Gemini shot off, making towards the living room, Capricorn on his heels. Aquarius, cursing, raced after him to the dining room, dragging Pisces with him. Libra and Leo shoved between Virgo and Sagittarius, sprinting towards the elevator, closing the doors before any of the other groups could follow them. Sagittarius and Virgo stepped away from the elevator and the stairs in fear of getting trampled. Taurus and Scorpio headed towards the stairs at a moderate pace, not even caring about the scavenger hunt and taking advantage of the parents not paying any attention by demolishing the house much as they could. Aries and Cancer had somehow already disappeared, possibly while Sag wasn't paying attention. 

"Write down the names?" Sag requested politely of Virgo.

"Fuck off" and a middle finger was the response he received. 

Sagittarius rolled his eyes, seizing a Sharpie and writing down the two names of the different groups. He then fastened the end of the microphone's cord to the wire secured to the speakers throughout the house. Not long after he had finished, Cancer and Aries came sprinting back in the room, with Aries clutching a golden key, which she deposited in their group's bin. 

As Sagittarius stared in shock, Cancer said to him, "Chandelier in the performing arts room."

"Uh, yeah," he replied, checking the key off. Before he had even finished his response, the two girls had already raced off. He had to admit, the villains had an advantage, as they knew he was infamous for hiding things in the most absurd places; he decided that it was a good thing that Taurus and Scorpio weren't even focused on the scavenger hunt. 

"Golden key from fourth floor was found," Sagittarius called into the microphone.

Not even five minutes later, Gemini and Capricorn came up to him, Gemini rolling around a small roll of tape on his finger. Capricorn said to a surprised Sagittarius, "Under the couch seat thingy in the living room."

"Blue roll of tape, first floor," Sagittarius said with a roll of his eyes.

This time, he decided to merely nod, allowing the two to dart towards the elevator, which was now open and empty. He heard the hushed whisper of Gemini tell Capricorn, "Second floor, windows room. It's honestly a great place to hide things, despite the windows."

Virgo blinked in surprise, looking at Sagittarius. "Isn't that where you hid the pencil?"

"Yeah," Sagittarius sighed. "Those two know me too well. Libra too."

Speaking of the devil, Libra and Leo appeared out of nowhere, Libra holding a sticky note in his hands. 

"Okay then," Sagittarius groaned. "Where'd you find it?"

"Under the hat in the drawer in the lounge," Leo told him while Libra placed the sticky note in their bin.

"Mini sticky note, second floor," he announced into the microphone.

"Alright then," Virgo said. "Either your hiding places seriously suck or we all know you too well."

"The latter," Sagittarius decided, though he had a sinking suspicion part of it was the former. The next arrival of Scorpio and Taurus confirmed his fears.

Taurus placed the dime in their bin as Scorpio said, "So we weren't looking for it; we were kinda doing... something else but we found the dime anyways while we were doing... whatever we were doing. So your hiding places seriously suck."

Sagittarius nodded while sighing internally and as soon as they left, he sighed externally as well.

"Dime, third floor."

"Told you," Virgo said.

Ok maybe I lied in the last chapter. Um, next chapter's still gonna be the scavenger hunt. So um yeah. But hey, two chapters in two days! That's a new record.

ALSO I WATCHED 3/4 OF THE PJO TV SHOW NOW AND OMGS IT IS SO FREAKING GOOD LIKE WTH? Lin-Manuel Miranda as Hermes was just *chef's kiss*. And all of the stuff that was planned out, even those that was different from the books were just so GOOD. I really really loved the Medusa scene. And the St. Louis Arch thing. And also the Ares and the Thrill Ride of Love and all that. All of it was just super good in general. I'm on Episode 6 rn, gonna go binge watch the Episodes 6-8 after I finish this.