ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 6

"Alright," Scorpio remarked breathlessly, taking a step back alongside Taurus to admire their handiwork. Taurus nodded in acquiescence, staring at the masterpiece the duo had constructed. 

The utterly innocent wall of the soundproof performing room standing in front of the two was now covered with a whole shipping chart; how inaccurate it truly was, no one would know for now. Frankly, the two had rigorously written down haphazard names with no pure evidence. But if anything, the least that could occur from said chart would be pure drama - which was exactly what the pair was aiming for. It wasn't too bad of a prank, but enough to guarantee some laughter and excitement in the house. 

"Alright then," Taurus reiterated. "What do you want to do now?"

Scorpio sent her a smirk and a mischievous glance in response. Taurus got the memo: they were definitely not planning on settling for a singular prank with such a golden opportunity, as the parents were participating in the scavenger hunt presently.

Taurus felt a roguish smile pull the corners of her own lips upwards. Of course, they wouldn't pass up such a promising chance. They were here to wreak havoc on this house, after all. 

✮✬✪✬✮

By lunchtime, all of the existent objects were acquired and deposited in a bin. Aquarius and Pisces had procured two; Gemini and Capricorn had also obtained two, as had Aries and Cancer. Taurus and Scorpio, as expected, had secured a grand total of one, which was the dime they had located early on. However, they weren't even focused on the hunt, so there was that. Libra and Leo had unofficially won, unbeknownst by anyone, barring Sagittarius and Virgo, with three finds. 

"Okay, we're stopping for a quick lunch break!" Sagittarius yelled into the microphone, causing Virgo to wince due to the loudness. "By the way, Pisces, you're cooking!"

"Fuck no," Pisces said as soon as he stepped out of the elevator a mere second later. 

"Please?" Sag tried, trying to give him the puppy dog eyes. It didn't quite succeed on Pisces, who merely glared at him.

"Fine," Sagittarius grumbled. "Guess I'm making lunch for twelve by myself then."

"That you are," Pisces quipped in response, causing Sag to sigh in response. (he's sighing a lot today huh)

 "I'm making lunch," Sagittarius said reluctantly, walking to the kitchen heavily with a glance at Pisces, who was nodding in response to his declaration. He resisted the urge to punch the son of the Evil Queen before he disappeared behind the beige wall separating the kitchen from the living room.

Pisces cast a glimpse around the room, catching sight of Virgo, who was sitting on the couch, still on his phone and leisurely. Just then, the elevator's soft ding! announced the arrival of three more individuals: Aquarius, Cancer, and Aries. 

"Sagi's making lunch?" Cancer questioned Pisces as Aquarius and Aries chattered on, clearly extending their conversation from in the elevator. 

"Mhm. He wanted me to do it at first. I mean, the audacity. And there's no way he actually thought I was planning on making anything."

Cancer rolled her eyes as a reply. Virgo then looked up from his phone, the first time he had done so in nearly five hours. 

"Where's Sagi?" he asked, blinking and finding the room bare of the son of Cruella. 

"Making lunch for twelve. Yeah, by himself. I'm not helping," Pisces added.

Virgo merely nodded in response, turning back to his phone, utterly uncaring. Truthfully, that was rather typical of Virgo oftentimes. Of course, everyone was glad for that side of Virgo. They could do whatever, and he wouldn't worry. Unlike Libra, who worried twenty-four seven. Honestly, the boy was going to get gray hairs by the age of thirty.

Soon, the twelvefold group began to recollect and came back together in the living room. They were all chatting idly amongst themselves before suddenly, a shout came from the kitchen. 

Sagittarius sprinted into the living room and laughed anxiously. "Uh, guys? There might be a small problem."

Small chapter, but I wanted to leave it at a cliffhanger. You might guess what's happening, but still. I feel like I have little to zero experience in writing cliffhangers.