Part 32- Present Day

If there was anyone in the world that I wanted to talk to about the situation that I was in right now, it was Erin.

I wanted to hear her voice. Her advice for me. I wished that I had my best friend to be able to tell everything to.

Even with the friends that I made in college, and even my roommate, no one could ever compare to the bond I had with Erin.

I felt like I had to keep everything that was happening to Amber to myself- until my sister asked me if I wanted to go shopping and get lunch with her that Saturday.

I do feel lucky that as I've gotten older, Carly and I have become closer, and that we spend time together.

Carly wanted to go to Sephora to get some makeup, and I decided to tag along with her, and also get some products. When I work I only wear tinted moisturizer, blush, and mascara- and I was running low on blush, so I got some, as well as a new face wash.

"I can't believe that face wash is this much here," I said looking at the $48 price tag, "I can get face wash for so much cheaper at Target."

"It's a great brand, though," Carly said, looking at the face wash I had picked out, "Plus, don't you make good money now being a nurse?"

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, but it's hard for me to justify spending this much on fucking face wash."

Still, I wound up getting it, along with a $20 blush. Carly and I then went to a restaurant for lunch called Brio.

We each ordered a salad and a drink, and as we ate, Carly asked me, "So. Is anything going on with Amber?"

"I don't even know," I said, "We got drinks this past week."

Carly's blue eyes widened, "Just the two of you?"

"Yes. Nothing happened, of course. Well...nothing physical. I did tell Amber that if she was single, I would want to work things out with her...and she said that if she was single, she would have been kissing me."

Carly's jaw dropped, "No fucking way. She has to break up with her fiance! She can't be saying that to you, and then go home to another woman. She clearly wants to be with you. She can't get prolonging this."

"I know," I said, "She told me that she has to 'figure some things out'."

"Have you spoken to her since she told you that?"

"Not really. We've waved to each other at work...and definitely have given each other looks. But we haven't spoken. I'm waiting for her to come to me."

"Next time I see you, I hope you're telling me that Amber is single, and you and her are figuring things out."

"Believe me, that's what I hope as well," I said.

I could not stop hoping for that. I also knew that it would be the right thing for Amber to do.

She obviously still has feelings for me.

And of course, I have feelings for her.

Amber finally pulled me aside at work the next Tuesday- a week after we had gotten drinks.

"Can you meet me in the gym after your shift?" Amber asked me, "I'm going to workout after I end at 6. I wanted to talk to you."

"Of course," I said to her, "I'll be there."

Amber gave me a small smile, "Thank you."

Once again, just like the week prior, 7 PM could not come quickly enough. Kiki didn't work that day, but she texted me asking if I wanted to meet her for dinner. I told her that I possibly could at around 8, and I would let her know.