Chapter 6: Dixie's Feeling Sassy

(POV: Dixie)

"Wait; THE STATES ARE PERSONIFIED!?"

"How old are they?"

"Why didn't you tell anyone!?"

How'd you keep them a secret for so long?"

"Why aren't my regions personified?"

"Where do they live?"

"Does anyone else have personified regions?"

Questions began flooding in faster than Confederate running from a spider. Ame looked very overwhelmed. Which was fair, I also felt pretty overwhelmed. But I wasn't worried about the questions about the states. I already knew that someone was going to suggest they come meet them, and once that happens, answering questions about the states can be the states' (and DC's) problem.

No, I was more worried about the questions about me and Confederate.

Everyone always thinks I'm Confederate at first, and then I explain I was against slavery and was on Ame's side during the Civil War, then they'll ask why I have Confederate's official flag while he has the battle flag, then I'll explain I can switch and I use this flag so I don't look like Ame (and then Ame will take three minutes to realize I'm calling him ugly.) And the conversation will inevitably lead to me needing to talk about Mom (13) and Mama (BNA) and our aunts (NE and SC) and uncle (MC) and DoNE and Grandma and Grandpa and I really just don't want to deal with that.

Lucky, I'm really good at avoiding talking about stuff (mostly because there's a lot of stuff I never want to talk about)

"Hey Yankee?"

"Don't call me that."

"Telling me not to use a nickname is like telling the government not to fight. I thought you knew this."

Ame chuckled slightly.

"Anyway, I'm gonna take the Four Problems back to the house before DC explodes from a mix of anger and worry."

"Wait. I have some questions about all this." I looked towards the voice. UN was looking right at us. I'll admit, I was worried. From what I understand from Ame's stories, he and UN don't exactly get along. I guess Mom's genes plus NE's teachings don't exactly make people (I don't care how many times Confederate says we don't count as people; WE DO.) who respect authority. And Ame's the social one!

I decided to play it cool. "What'd ya want, Bee?"

UN's face was priceless. One of the best first-time-hearing-a-nickname faces I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot. "Did you just call me Bee?"

"Short for Queen Bee. 'cause that's what you think you are. The Queen Bee. Sitting around all day acting like you're so important while having others do stuff for you so you can sit around being lazy."

No one responded to that. I couldn't tell if they were shocked or what, so I kept going.

"What, you want me to call you 'Mr. United Nations?' Sorry, but I don't do formalities. And if you want my respect, y'all 're gonna need to earn it. And if you think Ame's hard to get to respect you, well let me tell you; I'm ten times worse."

I think everyone in that room was taken back at that.

Ame looked at me. "Did you really just say that?"

"I'm not the one who needs to pretend to care what others think about me. Now if you'll excuse me, I'ma take these children back now. (Does anyone else say I'ma? As in I'm gonna? Just my family? Okay.) Bye!"

And then I left, leaving Ame to deal with the barrage of questions and UN's complaining.

I'm such a good sister.

Word Count: 565

Lots of people have been asking about Dixie, so I decided to give her the spotlight and let her explain herself. Now I just wait to be bombarded with questions I can't answer because it would spoil A Certain Southern Gal. Wait, I hadn't talked about ACSG yet have I...Well shi-

Side note: HOW IS THIS BOOK AT 1.33k READS?!?!? WTF?!? Thank you all so much!!!