Chapter 7: Story Time

(This chapter was really hard to name so just pretend the name makes since pls)

(POV: Confederate)

I was waiting by the door. About 20 states were still looking for the Four Problems (as Dixie calls them) but everyone else had moved on. We all knew where they were.

DC walked in. "Have they arrived yet?"

"Not yet."

Right on cue, the door was kicked open. (I think I'm the only person in this whole family who doesn't kick the front door open when coming inside. How that door hasn't been ripped off its hinges (or broken in half) is anybody's guess.)

"Hey Coffee Cake! Dee."

"Hey Dix. I see you found them."

DC stepped forward. "Go to my office. Do not go to your rooms. Do not attempt to grab weapons. Do not look for a secret passage. Do not say hi to the others. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200. Head straight there. We'll talk soon."

DC's tone was powerful and intimidating. I've always found it impressive how she can sound sweet and charming, powerful and commanding, or scary and intimidating whenever she wants. The states quietly skinked away.

"So." I looked at Dixie. "What happened? Who all knows?"

She sighed. "From what I understand, those four went into the UN meeting room in the middle of a meeting."

"So everyone knows?"

"Everyone knows."

"What happened once you got there?"

She perked up. "Well, I called UN Queen Bee and explained the insult to their face."

"You did not."

"I did."

I sighed. "Why am I not surprised...but still, that probably wasn't smart. UN holds a lot of authority."

"Name one incense when I've respected someone more because they were in a position of power."

"Fair point. But still, be careful. We don't wanna start WW3 here. By the way, where's Ame?"

Dixie gave a cheeky grin.

"You left him there to deal with all the questions and stuff, didn't you?"

"You know me so well."

I rolled my eyes.

Dixie soon started on a rant about how most governments suck and that's why she's a rebel. I was only half listening to her.

I noticed DC slip away. "Go easy on your little siblings DC." I murmured.

"What?" Dixie asked.

"Nothing. What were you saying?"

(POV: Texas)

We're screwed. We're screwed. We're screwed. We're screwed. We're screwed. We're screwed. We're screwed. We're screwed. We're screwed. We're screwed. We're screwed. We're screwed. We're screwed. We're screwed. We're screwed. We're screwed. We're screwed. We're screwed.

That's what was going through my head as we waited for DC to come up to her office. (plus random music. Apple bottom We're screwed. jeans jeans boots We're screwed. with the fur We're screwed... is probably more accurate.)

After what felt like an hour but what NY (who was watching the clock to distract herself) said was only 2 minutes, DC walked in. And she looked piiiissed. This was bad.

"I'm only going to ask once. What happened?"

Word Count: 469

Weird. I thought this chapter was a lot longer when I was writing it. Well whatever.

BTW, soon the book that will talk all about Dixie will begin. Check back on my profile is a few hours ;)

Thank you all so much for reading this piece of shit!

Bye y'all! CAC out!