Chapter 2

At first, he thought, maybe, the loud crashing noise he heard was an animal falling out of a tree. Or, the worst case scenario, an enemy soldier who had been spying.

The last thing he expected was it to be a...rather pretty dame.

He had only a few hours before showtime for a show he'd rather not do. The last thing he wanted to deal with is women somehow falling from the sky. His life just gets weirder and weirder lately, it seems. 

She wore a red sweater, and a grey skirt. She was dressed like a normal dame,  but obviously something had just happened to her. Possibly something awful. 

As she opened her eyes, Steve could see that they were greener than the usual green. She had very delicate features, and the body to match. She groaned and lifted her head, looking Steve in the eyes. Hers widened as she noticed the tall man standing in front of her, and she stood up quickly. "Who are you!?" She said in a panic. 

He put his hands out in an attempt to show her he doesn't mean any harm. "I'm Steve Rogers. Now, I don't know where you came from-" 

"Is this Midgard?" She asked, not caring for whatever speech he was about to give her. 

"Midgard?" His head tilted, confused by her words. Maybe the pretty dame is insane. That...has to be it. Right? 

She used her hands to dust off her clothes, "Earth. Am I on Earth?" She huffed, looking back up towards him. 

"Yeah. And...where did you come from?" He asked, unsurely. 

She tilted her head slightly upwards, as she was taught to do on Olympus when introducing herself to someone. "I am Alexia of Olympus, daughter of Aphrodite and Hermes. I traveled here to help aid in ending your war." She spoke, seeming a little too confident. 

Steve nodded slowly, "Okay, Alexia. You mind coming with me?" He stuck his arm out; a failed attempt of getting the girl back to the base and shipped off to a psych ward where she clearly belonged. 

"Are you who the humans are worshipping during their battles?" She questions, looking at the suit. 

He thought for a moment. He could tell her the truth. Say that he is just a dancing monkey, put on a stage with singing girls to convince people to buy war bonds. Or, the other option, he could lie. Tell her that yes, he is the god of...battles. Although, it seemed a bit sacrilegious for his liking. 

Sometimes, compromises are made. 

"Yes...yeah. Kind of. Come with me?" He stuck his hand out. She eyed it for a moment before grabbing it and starting to walk with him. 

She looked around at all the trees, seeming very calm for somehow just falling out of the sky. He has no idea where she really came from, but it was not Olympus. If Olympus, and Greek gods were real it would pretty much disprove his entire idea of religion.  Of the afterlife. 

"My father must have cut me off from the Bifrost once I reached Midgard..." She thinks out loud. 

"The Bifrost?" 

"Yes. It is how we travel through the realms." She replies absentmindedly, "I was banished from Olympus for coming down here, I assume that is why the Bifrost stopped carrying me once I reached Earth."