Chapter 3

Alexia quickly discovered that Steve Rogers, despite his good looks, was an extremely awkward and insecure man. 

As Howard went to get his private jet, Steve explained rather quickly to Alexia that the men he had performed to were what was left of the 107th division. He then went on to ramble on about it for five minutes, before actually getting to the point. His best friend- his brother- James Buchanan Barnes had been taken by a group of cruel people. Alexia quickly agreed to help him save James, as she could not imagine losing someone so close to her in such a way. 

She had also requested a change of clothes. 

Howard had requested almost immediately that she allow him to make her a 'super hero suit'. She said yes, but he did not have the time to create an entire costume before she went to battle with Steve. The only items that they had on hand were made for men. She assumed it is what regular soldiers wear. She thanked him quickly before scrambling off to change into it. 

It was rather plain, she had to admit. The entire thing was beige, with various pockets all over for storing things. It was slightly oversized on her frame, but she figured that Howard would have to take her measurements to make her a suit, so this should not be a problem for long. 

Currently, they were sitting on a jet in awkward silence. Thankfully the ride was only an hour, even less if they decided to break off early. 

"The factory is in Krausberg, tucked between two mountain ranges. It's a factory of some kind." Peggy explained, and none of those locations meant anything to Alexia. Hopefully, she could just follow Steve until they reached the base. 

Howard turns back from the pilot's seat, "We should be able to drop you two right on their doorstep." He grins. 

Alexia doesn't want Peggy or Howard anywhere near danger. Within her few hours of knowing them, they have been nothing but kind. "Just get us as close as you can." She says, hoping that Howard would agree to let them off somewhere before the base. 

"You guys'll be in a lot of trouble when you get back." Steve says after Alexia.  

Peggy raises a brow, "And you won't?" 

"Well, where I'm going if they yell at me, I can just shoot them." Steve jokes. 

"They will undoubtedly shoot back." Peggy says, and Alexia can feel the nerves seeping off of Peggy. 

Sometimes people felt very loudly. 

Steve taps the shield on his back, "It's gotta be good for something." 

Howard chimes in, "What about Alex? You got enough room behind that shield for two?" 

"I am able to control things with my mind. I believe humans call it telekinesis. I will be okay." 

Howard hums, "Agent Carter, if we're not in too much of a hurry I figured we would stop in Lucerne for a late night fondue." The man says suggestively, and Alexia can sense Steve's discomfort with the comment. 

He looked between the two, then spoke; "Why is he saying fondue like that? What's fondue?" 

Peggy is slightly amused, "Stark is the best civilian pilot I've ever seen, and mad enough to brave this airspace. We're lucky to have him." 

"Are you two..." Steve says, looking at Peggy. "Do you fondue?" 

Alexia does not understand. Not even a little bit. Her head tilts but before she can say anything, Peggy speaks. 

"Take this transponder. Activate it when you're ready and the signal will lead us right to you." 

Steve examines it, "You sure it works?"