Chapter 4

When Alexia woke up she was resting against a tree with a bunch of voices surrounding her.

She could kind of make out splotches of red, white, and blue. She blinked a few times before the man came into focus. Steve. It was Steve. Next to him was his friend, James.

"Alexia!" Steve said, breathing out a sigh of relief. 

She groaned, feeling a pounding in her head that she was not used to. 

Steve had a small smile on his face as he spoke, "We thought you weren't gonna wake up." 

"Is the red skull dead?" She asked, changing the conversation. 

Steve shook his head, "No, he isn't."

She stood up, trying to feel normal again. What the hell did Schmidt have that did that? It terrified her. Nothing had ever been able to make her feel that much pain by just being close to it. She feared that she would not be enough to stop the red skull. 

"We've been camping here for about a day waiting for you to wake up. What the hell happened?" 

She shakes her head, "I must have over used my abilities. I was stopping the men's pain so they could fight without worry." 

"Well, don't do that again." He chastises, but it wasn't very serious. He was just relieved that she woke up at all,  and they could worry about the rest later. "You think you're good to take a little hike?" 

Alexia nods; stands up, and decides to just wipe it out of her mind for now. She will cross that bridge when she gets to it. 

As the men start to walk, Alexia, James and Steve lead them all. 

"So, a goddess?" James broke the silence between them. "I'm James."  

Alexia chuckled, "Yes. Alexia daughter of Aphrodite and Hermes." 

James grinned at her words. "Aphrodite. Goddess of beauty? I could've guessed that." 

Alexia rolls her eyes playfully, "On Olympus, I am rather average." 

James looks shocked by her words. She is beautiful in his eyes, and if she is average on her planet, he wonders what the other women on Olympus look like. 

"So, is it cool? Up at home?" He asks casually, and Alexia can sense Steve's side eye. She's confused as to why he is looking at them weird. 

Alexia shrugs, "To me, this is odd." She gestures around them at all the trees and nature.  "To you it's normal. Do what you will with that." She huffs, stepping over a branch. "I was banished from Olympus, though." 

James' brows furrow, "Banished?" 

"Yes. My father did not agree with my decision to come down here, he despises Midgard. I am not allowed back to Olympus until my parents perish." She explains, and feels a little surprised to see James' sympathetic expression. 

She did not wish for anyone's sympathy or pity. It was her decision to come to Midgard and help save it. She knew the consequences of her actions the second she stepped foot onto the Bifrost. 

"Please do not do that." She pouts, "The idea of war - of bloodshed- of any kind has always disgusted me. I believe there is always a way to work things out without a single being harmed. Unfortunately, most people cannot and will not think that way." He seems deep in thought as she speaks, "I've always adored Midgard. It would hurt me to see it destroyed by it's own kind." 

James looks at her with some emotion in his eyes that she can't make out, "You have a big heart." He says softly, and she tilts her head. "You have no obligation to be here, no reason. You just are...because you care."