Barry Milland

I tied back my shoulder length brown hair. I looked into the mirror, my eyes were framed by big glasses. The scar on my lip wouldn't go away. I sighed and grabbed my favourite green jacket. I had many scars since Keller Dover decided to punish me for just wanting to play with someone. I walked out and I spotted a girl. I smiled faintly and walked over to her. "H-hi," I mumbled, touching her arm lightly. She looked up and smiled.
"Hi to you too," she said, a sweet smile on her face.
"I-I'm Barry," I stuttered, holding out my hand.
"I'm Alex. Nice to meet you," she whispered back, taking my hand. I, being the natural huggy type of person, pulled her into a small hug. Alex hugged back and placed her head on my chest. I woke up with a start. I always had the same dream over and over every night. Alex haunted my dreams, my mystery girl. I got up slowly and went into the kitchen. Being in my boxers, I walked over to the sink. I then realized I had my big glasses in my hand still. I put them on and I rubbed my face in my hands.
"C'mon Barry. Wake up," I mumbled to myself, getting my usual breakfast ready. I set my bowl of cereal and glass of juice on the table when there was a knock on the door. I rubbed my scars and I opened the door, my eyes still slightly bleary. I looked at the person and my heart stopped. It was the girl from my dreams. Alex, she was at my door.
"Hi, um, come on in," I mumbled, letting her in. She smiled and started to giggle.
"I like the boxers. You must be Barry?" She asked. I nodded and inhaled sharply.
"You must be Alex," I whispered. She smiled and sat across from me.
"Food?" I mumbled, and she nodded. I got her a bowl of cereal and a glass of juice, and we both sat in silence.
"So, um, your the one haunting my dreams," she said, a playful smile on those full lips of hers. Those same lips I longed to kiss.
"And you too," I mumbled, and she caught me staring.
"Hey, eyes up here buddy," Alex said, reaching over the table to lift my chin. I pulled her closer and kissed her. I pulled away and my eyes went wide.
"I-I'm sorry. I-it was an accident. I was thinking about it and....." I let my sentence fall away as Alex got up. I knew she was leaving until I felt her place a small kiss between my bare shoulder blades.
"Thank you for letting me in. And for the food," Alex said, her sweet breath on my back.
"Anytime," I said, surprised to hear my own voice for the first time in 23 years. Ever since Holly Jones took it from me. I led Alex to the door and when it closed, I leaned against it and smiled.