Chapter 2: The echoes of doubt

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows across the city, Stray Kids gathered in their headquarters, a palpable sense of unease hanging heavy in the air. Bangchan paced the room, his brow furrowed in concentration as he grappled with the chaos unfolding around them.

"Any updates?" he asked, his voice taut with tension.

Han shook his head, frustration etched deeply on his face. "Nothing yet," he replied, his fingers furiously typing as he scoured the internet for any leads.

Changbin leaned back in his chair, his mind ablaze with responsibilities. "We can't just sit here and wait," he urged urgently. "We need to take action before more fans disappear."

Felix nodded in agreement, his determination unwavering. "But what can we do?" he asked, a hint of frustration creeping into his voice. "We're not detectives."

Bangchan's eyes flashed with resolve as he turned to his bandmates, his voice steady and resolute. "We may not be detectives, but we're not going to sit back and do nothing. We'll find those fans and bring them home."

Their conversation was interrupted by a knock on the door. "Come inside," Seungmin called out, curiosity piqued.

A middle-aged man entered, his expression somber. "I wanted to talk with you guys," he began, his tone heavy with concern. "As you guys know, it's all over the news, but we should proceed with our last concert. I'm not forcing you, but please consider it carefully and let me know."

"What are you talking about, JYP?" Bangchan demanded, his eyes widening with disbelief. "We can't risk it. We don't know what will happen next."

JYP sighed, his gaze sweeping over the members. "I understand your concerns. But we need to remain calm," he explained. "You guys must stay away from this situation. Don't get involved. Just spend your days as you did earlier."

Everyone nodded in agreement. After JYP left the room, tension hung thick in the air. "Why don't we try checking the CCTV footage from that day?" Seungmin broke the silence, suggesting his idea.

Han sighed, his voice heavy with regret. "They've already checked it, but we can give it another look," he conceded. Despite their doubts, the members gathered around the computer.

As they meticulously reviewed the CCTV footage, Stray Kids' hearts pounded with anticipation, hoping to uncover any clue that could lead them to the missing fans. Suddenly, a figure caught their attention - a mysterious person lingering near the entrance, unnoticed until now.

"Who's that?" Hyunjin asked, pointing at the screen. "That person was standing there for a while."

Han quickly zoomed in, trying to enhance the image. "I can't see that person's face clearly," he admitted, frustration evident in his voice.

As the image appeared on the screen, the members leaned in closer, studying the figure's features intently. But their efforts were in vain - the person's eyes were concealed by a cap, leaving only the lower half of the face visible.

"Take a screenshot," Lee Know suggested, his eyes narrowed in concentration. "We need to examine every detail."

"How did the police miss this?" Bangchan questioned, his tone laced with suspicion. "It's too obvious," I.N added.

The room fell silent as the members exchanged uneasy glances, searching for answers in the depths of their own uncertainty.

"Something's not right here," Bangchan declared, his voice tinged with apprehension. "We need to find out who that is and what that person was up to."

"But didn't JYP say not to get involved?" I.N questioned while looking at Bangchan. "But we already found something," Lee Know answered while exchanging a smirk with Bangchan.