Chapter 4 - Blazing A Trail

A little armadillo scampered through the jungle until he encountered a deadly snake. The reptilian unsheathed its sharp fangs, ready to strike. But luckily, Miguel cut through the branch it was perched on, sending the snake falling to the ground and sparing the poor little creature from certain doom.

🎵My Man Elton: "Look out new world here we come."

(A/N: I decided to have fun with who is singing, since it isn't a character 😂)

They all walked along, through the path that Miguel created for them. He had a large grin on his face and (Y/N) happily matched it. Tulio, however, was left to grouch by himself in the back, still not completely thrilled about venturing through a dangerous jungle.

(Y/N) stopped for a moment, glancing curiously at the armadillo. She smiled and waved at the strange, adorable creature, and, probably out of gratitude for saving him, he waved back.

(A/N: I've seen a theory go around that this armadillo is actually a God, who decides to help out the heroes during the movie, because they saved him from the snake. Like, he shows up before the volcano blows, he is conveniently there when the pair need to win the ball game and ends up being the reason they score so many points. He usually shows up when something big happens. I'm not entirely sure how valid the theory is...but I'm here for it! So, expect him to turn up in other chapters.)

...

🎵My Man Elton: "Brave, intrepid, and then some."

Tulio had stopped the group, attempting to get a rock out of his shoe. (Y/N) took the opportunity to mount Altivo, who didn't so much as neigh and gladly let her on. He did, however, huff a little as Miguel decided to also get on.

The blond man examined the map for a moment before pointing forward and yelling out, "Charge!"

(Y/N) grinned, snapping the reins and Altivo was off, leaving poor Tulio behind.

🎵My Man Elton: "Pioneers of maximum. Audacity whose resumes. Show that we are just the team, to live where others merely dream."

He was not left behind for long. The trio had somehow gone around in a circle, ending up right back where they started. They all looked around confused as Tulio simply rolled his eyes.

He walked up to Miguel, forcefully grabbing the map and turning it the right way round. He chuckled, once he realized where he went wrong, but before Tulio could get on the horse, they rode off without him once more.

🎵My Man Elton: "Building up a head of steam."

Tulio stood there for a moment, glancing at the armadillo that stared at him curiously, then back up and wondered if they would come back for him. He was caught off guard as Altivo came speeding up behind him.

"Hop on!" (Y/N) yelled.

The steed flipped Tulio over his shoulder and the man landed right at the back of the horse, facing backwards as they all rode on together.

🎵My Man Elton: "On the trail we blaze!"

...

The map showed a symbol of a flying bird. As Miguel pulled the map down, they all looked up to see a large, flying bird-shaped hole above them, from within a stone tunnel.

🎵My Man Elton: "Changing legend into fact. We shall ride into history."

It was nighttime now, the dark blue hue of the sky and the twinkling of the stars making a gorgeous view to be seen through the hole. (Y/N) stared up at it in wonder, having never seen something like this before in her whole life. Meanwhile, Miguel sighed as Tulio shook his head in scepticism.