Chapter 7 - It's Tough To Be A God

(A/N: Added this version by Annapantsu as I needed a female version so you can have a voice to go with (Y/N). Plus, I love this video.)

...

Tulio glared harshly at the curtains of the temple's entrance, from which Chel had exited from. Miguel, however, didn't pay much mind to it, just happy to have gotten some help in selling their God act. Though Tulio was aware of this fact, he just couldn't stand Chel's obvious attraction to (Y/N)...and vice-versa.

Miguel didn't mind it as much. He was certain with or without the attraction, they'd all be able to leave with enough gold to last their whole lives. Plus, thinking back to (Y/N)'s confession, where she thought they were all going to die, and telling them about her desire to find love, it didn't feel right to stand in her way of finding it.

They heard her giggle right after Chel left, getting ready behind the changing screen while the men got ready themselves.

Miguel chuckled at her more than transparent feelings towards the Mayan man and playfully asked, "Maybe they should call this place 'Chel Dorado'."

A heavy red blush blossomed over her cheeks, but a smile still played on her lips.

She stifled a giddy giggle as she responded, "He's...he's- "

Before she could say anymore, Tulio immediately interrupted, standing outside her changing screen as he yelled out, "Whoa! He's trouble!"

"No, he's not." (Y/N) argued, as she pulled off her top.

"The little voice. Remember the little voice that I talked about with Miguel?"

"Ugh, don't start with me, Tulio."

"Hey, I'm not starting anything. Just ask yourself what your little voice would say about Chel?"

(Y/N) went quiet, entertaining Tulio's foolishness for a moment. He was usually more level-headed than they were, and sometimes smarter too. So, she gave in, just to see if he was making a point.

But all she could think of was Chel's gorgeous mass of midnight black hair. His dreamy mahogany eyes. And that smile that, even though held a touch of mischief, also captured her heart and refused to let go.

In response to Tulio's question, and her fantasizing thoughts, she happily sighed, "Hermoso..."

Tulio did not take her response well. "No!"

"Tulio, just let her have this. It's really not a big deal." Miguel intervened, already all dressed up and just needing to put on his feathered headpiece.

"Yeah, don't ruin this for me!"

Tulio groaned out of frustration, as he turned to Miguel with a narrowed gaze.

"No. I will not let her have this." He hissed in a hushed tone, so (Y/N) couldn't hear him. "Look, we're all partners."

"We're partners." Miguel agreed.

"And we've always had each other's backs. No matter what."

"True."

"And we have a plan, remember?"

"Get the gold. Go back to Spain."

"Yes! And we are pretending to be Gods. Now, put Chel in the mix. Chel who we don't know anything about. Not to mention a thief."

"But...we're thieves."

"And, for that reason, we know better than anyone that a thief cannot be trusted. So do you want to trust a thief with (Y/N)'s heart?"

Miguel thought about it for a bit and, with the way Tulio put it, he had to agree with him. He wouldn't stand in (Y/N)'s way of finding love but if the person she was pursuing was no good for her, then it was the right thing to do, right?