Chapter 11 - Last Days In The City

Though all seemed well, it would not last.

Back at Tzekel-Kan's temple, he gazed up at a giant stone statue of a jaguar, though it had a district Mayan-style to it rather than closely resembling the actual animal.

Behind him was the head soldier, with the jaguar headpiece, and as he followed the priest, Tzekel-Kan asked, "Do you know why the Gods demand blood?"

"I don't know."

Without batting an eye, the dark-haired man slashed a dagger over his palm, staining one of the God-figures on the stone tablet before him, as he ominously stated, "Because Gods don't bleed."

Though the soldier was concerned by the large gash, it didn't seem to matter for too long. Just like many other times, with a magic that was mysterious and otherworldly, the wound closed as if it had never existed.

"It's time to take the future into my own hands, and this city will be cleansed. Even if I have to do it myself."

"Uh, how?"

Tzekel-Kan grabbed the book out of the soldier's hands, who had timidly brought it in. The priest smiled at all the dark and horrific imagery that accompanied the pages, flipping through each one for a suitable method to enact his revenge.

"There are dark magics here, and power, and...ooh. My, my, my, my, my."

He paused on one method, depicting a giant jaguar slaughtering innocents and it intrigued his sick senses.

He threw the book back over to the soldier, darkly chuckling as he mused, "It's not called the Age of the Jaguar for nothing."

Tzekel-Kan made his way over to the entrance, looking down on the city. As well as gazing over to some workers, working hard on making a suitable ship for the trio.

"This'll be a delightful way to bid the false Gods...good-bye."

...

The "Gods" were not too worried about Tzekel-Kan, unaware that he knew of their secret and were certain that Miguel's decree had thoroughly sorted him out. In fact, a lot of time had passed by and, with nothing seemingly wrong, they all continued with their own thing as they waited for the boat to be completed.

Miguel got a stone portrait made of himself, depicting his ball game victory. He continued to hang out in the city, amongst the people, and it seemed it was where he was most comfortable.

Tulio, being Tulio, was busy basking in the golden glow of the treasure that filled the temple. He was still carefully sorting through the gold, making sure to divide it equally - well, with a few extra pieces added to his pile.

Even Altivo got some special treatment, complete with golden horseshoes, as well as being groomed, with beautiful flowers added to his clean, luxurious mane.

And then, there were (Y/N) and Chel, who grew closer and closer as time passed. It was late at night as Chel danced for the girl. He seductively shook his hips but also playfully swung his arms, making a giggle escape past her gorgeous lips.

He loved to make her laugh. To him, there was no sweeter sound.

With a charming smile, he handed her a lovely flower, which she happily accepted. Though it was a deceptive little plant, with its plump petals flying off, now revealed to be birds. And this left the once pretty flower bare and nothing more than a green stem.

Chel frowned, upon realizing his mistake, while a hue of embarrassment coated his tanned cheeks. (Y/N), however, chuckled at the turn of events before still taking an appreciative whiff of her once-flower.