pov: you're newjeans' manager

» you are newjeans' manager
» 1991 words

Your POV

I am a manager of Newjeans, one of the most famous K-pop groups in South Korea. Minji, Hanni, Danielle, Haerin, and Hyein make up this talented and energetic bunch. They're incredibly gifted, but their carefree behavior can sometimes drive me up the wall.

One day, during rehearsal, the girls were supposed to be perfecting their choreography for their upcoming music video. Instead, I found them goofing off, playing with plush toys and trying to teach each other silly dance moves.

"Girls, come on! We need to focus," I exclaimed, trying to get their attention.

But they just giggled and continued with their antics. I felt like I was herding cats.

Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. "That's it! No more games. Everyone, focus!"

I marched over to the stereo and cranked up the music, signaling for them to start. With determined looks on their faces, the girls finally got into formation and began to dance.

But as they started, I noticed something wasn't quite right. Instead of the sleek, synchronized moves I had envisioned, they were all doing different dances, laughing as they tried to outdo each other with ridiculous moves.

I sighed and threw myself onto the couch, feeling the weight of managing Newjeans, Minji noticed and flashed me a sympathetic smile before plopping down beside me.

"Hard time?" she asked, her voice filled with genuine concern.

I chuckled ruefully, "Yeah, thanks to all of you."

Minji laughed, nudging me playfully. "Sorry, manager-nim. We'll try to behave... maybe."

Before I knew it, the other four members joined Minji and me on the couch, practically smothering me in their affectionate antics.

"Aww! Our manager is so cute!" Danielle exclaimed, her voice filled with genuine adoration.

I chuckled nervously as the weight of all five of them pressed down on me, making it difficult to even breathe properly.

"Guys! Stop!" I managed to protest weakly, squirming beneath their enthusiastic embraces.

But they only laughed and continued to pile on top of me, completely ignoring my feeble attempts to escape. It was moments like these that reminded me why I loved working with them, even if they drove me crazy sometimes.

As I gave up trying to escape and stayed quiet, closing my eyes in mock exasperation, I heard Haerin's voice pipe up with concern.

"Is she dead?" she asked, her tone a mix of curiosity and worry.

Hanni quickly backed down from the pile and leaned in closer, peering at me with wide eyes filled with uncertainty. Slowly, I cracked one eye open and smirked at them.

"Not yet," I muttered, earning a chorus of laughter from the group as they finally relented and allowed me to catch my breath.

As we were joking around on the couch, the dance teacher suddenly entered the practice room, her expression a mixture of amusement and exasperation.

"Girls, time to focus!" she announced firmly, her voice cutting through our laughter.

The girls quickly scrambled off of me and got into their positions, their playful demeanor shifting instantly into professional focus. I couldn't help but smile as I watched them transform.

As the music started, they moved with precision and grace, their movements synchronized and powerful. It was moments like these that reminded me why I loved working with them, their talent and dedication never failing to impress me.