sixteen

"Rewind, rewind!" Nat exclaims and guides me into our room. 

"Jarvis! Make sure no one enters this room!"

"Here, sit down and breathe. Now start again. From the beginning."

So I tell her everything. I haven't spoken to Blair since she dropped me off a few hours ago. The longer I think about it, the more angry I get. How could she just lie to me? And Tess and Maddy too. They literally spied on me. 

"That bitch. Sharon I mean." Nat says.

"I know right? Why does she hate me so much? She doesn't even know me. Well, no, according to her she knows exactly what is going on in my head."

I shake my head in frustration

"You shouldn't have eavesdropped." Nat says.

"I know, I know..."

She smiles at me, before she continues. 

"But I would've done the same. And I'm so proud of you for controlling your anger. That is true strength and discipline." 

I chuckle. I seriously don't know where I'd be without her.

"And about your friends...", she starts.

"I don't wanna talk about it." 

"That's okay. But you should talk to them. Give them time to explain."

"No! I don't need an explanation. I need a fucking apology! And why are you siding with them?" 

I shout a little louder than intended. I know it's not Nat's fault, it's all just so...

"I'm not siding with them! I'm always gonna support you! It's just... nevermind."

"I'm sorry, I just don't wanna talk about it." I apologize.

"And that's totally fine!"

"Thanks.", I smile.

"Sooo, you can't deny it anymore. You like Steve!" She laughs and wiggles her eyebrows

"And if I do?", I laugh.

"You'd be so cute together! And I would never have to see Sharon again. A true blessing!"

"But Blair said they had a 'thing'", I say.

"Yeah, but that was last summer and pretty onesided to be honest. The worst part is that I encouraged him to ask her out! He just seemed so lonely..."

"Why did he break it off?", I ask her.

"There was nothing to break off, really. At least according to everyone accept Sharon. I believe he still couldn't let her go."

"Who?"

"His girlfriend from like the 40s. At least he's loyal.", she shrugs.

"Anna?", I ask.

"Was that her name?"

"I believe so."

"Well anyways, he hasn't talked about her in months so I think he's finally over it. Good for you!"

"That's so mean, Nat! She died!", I exclaim. 

"70 years ago! Aaaand she'd want him to move on, I'm sure!"

"Okay, okay."

"So here's my brillaint masterplan: I'll make sure Sharon won't come to the mission. And when we come back you're absolutely gonna outshine her at the party, okay?"

I chuckle. 

"Sure!"

"Miss Labzova", Jarvis interrupts us.