TWO.

Chapter Two | Prosper On

STANSFIELD UNIVERSITY

As Omari swaggered through the bustling corridors of the school, his presence alone commanded attention. His tall frame and confident stride drew admiring glances from some, wary stares from others. The fluorescent lights overhead cast harsh shadows on the linoleum floor, illuminating the faded bruises that marred Omari's face.

Ignoring the whispers and sidelong glances that followed him like a shadow, Omari pushed open the door to his classroom and stepped inside. The room fell silent as all eyes turned to him, curiosity and speculation evident in the faces of his classmates.

Taking his usual seat at the back of the room, Omari exuded an air of quiet defiance, his expression unreadable beneath the shadow of his hooded gaze.

Diana leaned back in her chair, her eyes fixed on Omari's bruised face, a smirk playing at the corner of her lips. "Shit, Omari, what the hell happened to you?" she blurted out, her voice tinged with curiosity.

Omari shot her a glare, his jaw clenched in irritation. "Mind your business, ion' even know you gang." he retorted sharply, his tone laced with aggression.

Thaina, unfazed by Omari's demeanor, leaned in closer, her own smirk mirroring Diana's. "Looks like someone had a rough night," she remarked, her tone dripping with sarcasm.

Omari's lips curled into a sneer, a hint of irritation flashing in his eyes. "You think you funny?" he shot back, his voice tinged with bitterness.

"I ain't here for your entertainment," Thaina countered, her voice steady and composed. "But I gotta admit, seeing you like this is quite the sight."

Omari's expression darkened, a flash of annoyance crossing his features. "You want ya eye like this next?" he retorted, his tone edged with aggression.

Thaina's smirk widened, her eyes gleaming with mischief. "Just an observation, Omari, no need to make threats mad ass" she replied smoothly. "Unlike some people around here."

Omari ignores her as he sits down, adjusting his books to get settled in class.

But with the peripheral view of his eyes, he sees Thaina staring at him, preferably due to his black eye.

Omari looks with an annoyed face, "The fuck you want, Thaina?"

Thaina's smirk widened into a grin, her glossy lips parting to reveal a dazzling smile as she leaned in closer, the scent of her floral perfume filling the air.

Thaina replies back, "Oh, nothing much. Just thought I'd check in on the boy who conveniently forgot about our little project yesterday."

Omari's jaw clenched, a flicker of irritation crossing his features before he composed himself, his tone curt and dismissive.