ELEVEN

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

CHAPTER FIVE

THE CONVERSATION

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

The city hummed with the restless energy of unresolved conflicts and late summer heat. Thaina, standing before her mirror, took one last look at her reflection. The hair was flawless, her Ed Hardy shirt clung just right, and her matching pants had that perfect worn-in look. She adjusted her Chanel bag, a sharp contrast to her rugged attire, symbolizing a blend of luxury & casualty —much like her life lately.

Thaina's thoughts drifted back over the past weeks.  It had all started when a speculation hit her mind—one that implicated Omari in a scandal with one of her closest friends. The accusation had been stood on like wildfire, scorching everything it touched. The look on Omari's face—not guilt, but a fierce indignation. He'd denied it all, of course, but by then, the damage was done. Trust, once broken, was not easily mended.

In the weeks that followed, Thaina and Omari's interactions had grown colder, each encounter laced with a bitterness that neither of them could swallow. Text messages went unanswered, calls were dodged. Thaina had seen the sides of Omari she wished she hadn't, sides that made her question everything they had built together. Now, as the day to confront it all loomed, her stomach was tight with nerves.

"Why am I even doing this?" she muttered to herself, grabbing her keys off the dresser. Her reflection gave her no answers, just a silent nudge towards the door. "Closure," she finally whispered, the word feeling heavy on her tongue. Closure was a myth, perhaps, but it was one she needed to believe in right now.

As Thaina drove to the restaurant, her mind replayed every moment, every whisper of doubt, and every shard of pain that had brought her here. This wasn't just about clearing Omari's name or proving the rumors false. It was about reclaiming her peace, confronting the demons that had turned her nights restless. Whatever happened tonight, she needed to hear it all—direct from Omari, no more whispers in the dark.

Pulling into the parking lot, Thaina braced herself. She could see Omari through the restaurant window, already seated, his posture rigid, his face unreadable. As she stepped out of the car, the evening breeze felt like a premonition.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

CONFESSIONAL

thaina

In all honesty I have no idea whether I'm looking forward to having any convo wit this nigga. The damage has been done. It's been so long now if he really ain't do it he wouldn't have left me for dead.
But, to close a chapter in your life you gotta face those demons first. It be like that.